Honda CB1000R Forum banner

New Member Saying Hi........

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  roofer 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Like the rest of you I suspect - I am interested in making the CB1000R my next new bike!

I have had several Hondas over the years, the most recent being a 2007 Fireblade, which I had to get rid of as it was just to darn uncomfortable! Great bike though.

My current bike is a Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS, which I bought last year to tour Europe in comfort on, yet still give me a decent turn of speed.
Good bike, but I miss the punch of a sports bike engine, and the whole "adventure bike" thing never really floated my boat.

So I'm hoping the new CB will answer my prayers - i.e. a comfortable bike with a bad-ass attitude!

The styling looks cool, I particularly like the shape of those four downpipes - reminds me of the old CB400 Four, anyone remember those? I just hope that Honda don't strangle that Fireblade engine too much, as that would be a real shame.

So have a virtual beer on me everyone, and I look forward to reading your posts and contributing to the forum as we approach launch date!

Cheers
RBD914 :rollin

See less See more
#3 ·
Cheers for the beer... nice and cool........ :respekt

:welcome to you... it's great to have you and all the other new members (well... registrations are more like a steady trickle at the moment, but I suspect will increase to a flow)... we will keep everyone posted as soon as we get any definitive information about the release. :thumbup

#5 ·
Hello RBD914! :welcome

It's good to have another new member on here. We can't expect too much, being a forum dedicated to a bike that doesn't exist on the road yet, so it's good to have you here.

Are you waiting for a review/test ride or are you putting your cash down already?

#6 ·
:welcome

Of course, I'm faaar to young to remember the CB400 Four, so young in fact that I had to copy & paste the name of of it.

No, really ;)

#8 ·
Thanks for your replies guys, sorry for the long absence, but I sold the Tiger and bought a GSXR1000 - I know, I know...... but I just couldn't wait for the CB1000R to be launched.

Test rode the CB yesterday though and was impressed - got offered a straight swap for my Gixxer - tempted!

Going for another test rdie this weekend - now Black or White - that is the next question!

Will keep you posted!
RBD914

#11 ·
Well after a long delay and via a Triumph Tiger, GSXR1000 and a ZZR1400 - I finally got round to buying a CB1000R - it was the custom HRC paintjob that did it by Dream Machine - looks awesome.
I pick it up next Friday, so need some advice on which exhaust to fit - like the look of the Laser gp and the iXIL - any thoughts / experiences? Don't want it too loud, can you junk the CAT? Want some kind of cover to fill in the gap removing the standard exhaust and CAT would leave - anyone make one - I know Yoshi do one for the Blade.
RBD914

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.