Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought that i would say hello to whoever is out there :twofin hehe

I guess you are all as anxious/excited/pissed off as me waiting for the the CB1000r.
I have never owned a Honda. My bandit that i ride now has really done me proud, she's been used and abused for the last 3 years :devil I ride 70 mile a day commuting to work, come rain or shine...and the cold, the ice, bloody snow, hail, sleet, wind! The joys of english weather eh?
Some bloke pulled out on me and she got abit battered and bruised (well, written off), when my broken arm was fixed, i was finally allowed to ride the hire bike i was given, another bandit, brand new 750 *Grin* hehe it's not mine and im gonna have some fun! :evil I fixed my bandit up, straightened her out, lots of gaffer tape ;) lots of e-bay specials, new tank, new tail etc re-spray black and re-wired (found out i had a wiring prob at 90mph when i lost all power), was fun to do but i did end up hating her abit during that, im glad im stubborn and stuck to it. At this moment in time the bandit is doing ok (rear shock is knackered hehe) but i am counting the days till i get my black CB1000R. It seems like an age since i deposited my £100!!!!
Seriously...Im in love :love ...This bike is gorgeous! The engine is the nuts, its spot on! That single sided swing arm mmmm yummy :lick basically the whole thing is awesome (except i think the exhaust is going to have to grow on me, i would like to change it but havent looked out there to see if anything exists, very different to my bandit, which has tonnes of mods out there, im gonna miss my devil can)
Anyway....im waffling... :blah

If anyone wants to chat bikes or whatever...feel free

Byeeeeeeeeeeee :potty

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Welcome mate!! :beer

Glad you're back up and running.I used to have a Bandit 600 (1997) which I LOVED but once I felt the power of my 900 Hornet I was smitten!! Are you going to the CB1000R from a 600 or 1200?

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
:welcome mate

If you are coming from a 600 Bandit.... (good, cheap to run, all rounder) then you should be in for a treat..... by comparison the CB1000R will be in another league.

Who's your dealer, when will you be collecting the bike?

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Hi gothbunny :welcome

I'm sure you won't be disappointed. While the CB1000R is starting with a clean slate regarding mods, even Honda are launching the bike with shed loads of accessories so we're in for a good start. Have a look in the Modification forum, in the Exhaust Watch topic; I'm pretty sure someone is already claiming to have a can available. Micron I think it is, though there's no pictures yet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts