Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,

Just been reading through and getting some ideas. Purchase a few days ago a used 2018 CB1000R with 2800kms on it.

From what a I can see it has tail tidy, SD-R levers and full SC-Project S1 exhaust.

How’s everyone finding the sound from a slip-on? Does it satisfy the desire for more sound ? I’m finding the sound a bit much and would expect a ticket in the near future if I crossed paths with a cop in the wrong day…thinking I may switched back to stock and use slip-on only, any thoughts ?

Other than that, finding the bike fantastic. Have ridden plenty of bikes up to an R1 in the past but only owned personally a CBR500, CMX500 and then most recently CB650F. Finding the NSC has plenty of power but very tame and manageable low down.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome
Does the bike a have a tuning device for the full exhaust like Rapid Bike or Power Commander?
No, and the more I’m reading the more that concerns me a bit. I bought it from a dealer. No further information on the history I can find I’ll have to look through the documentation when I get a chance. Hoping it was flash/dyno tuned

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you should be able to get a db killer

I'm liking the coordinated bluing of the exhausts...
I thought perfect solution to the problem so I went and had a double check… db killer is in ha- by the looks of things…

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

I wasn’t initially a fan of the bluing but it has grown on me
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Thanks for the advice either way!

I went and picked up the stockexhaust from the dealer today. I’ll have to research a bit more but seems like I’ll be needing some clasps and the link pipe to go back to stock with slip-on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts