Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,

Just been reading through and getting some ideas. Purchase a few days ago a used 2018 CB1000R with 2800kms on it.

From what a I can see it has tail tidy, SD-R levers and full SC-Project S1 exhaust.

How’s everyone finding the sound from a slip-on? Does it satisfy the desire for more sound ? I’m finding the sound a bit much and would expect a ticket in the near future if I crossed paths with a cop in the wrong day…thinking I may switched back to stock and use slip-on only, any thoughts ?

Other than that, finding the bike fantastic. Have ridden plenty of bikes up to an R1 in the past but only owned personally a CBR500, CMX500 and then most recently CB650F. Finding the NSC has plenty of power but very tame and manageable low down.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome
Does the bike a have a tuning device for the full exhaust like Rapid Bike or Power Commander?
No, and the more I’m reading the more that concerns me a bit. I bought it from a dealer. No further information on the history I can find I’ll have to look through the documentation when I get a chance. Hoping it was flash/dyno tuned

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you should be able to get a db killer

I'm liking the coordinated bluing of the exhausts...
I thought perfect solution to the problem so I went and had a double check… db killer is in ha- by the looks of things…

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

I wasn’t initially a fan of the bluing but it has grown on me
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Thanks for the advice either way!

I went and picked up the stockexhaust from the dealer today. I’ll have to research a bit more but seems like I’ll be needing some clasps and the link pipe to go back to stock with slip-on.

· Registered
Super Duper Moderator
323 Posts
@doser @Bevo Besides the DB killer in the SC- Project slip on, is there anything else inside that can be taken out ? Reason for ask, some one mentioned to me there is something else inside that can be taken out , which changes the sound and also if you were to take "this" thing out & put a full exhaust , you do not need to flash it . IDK if it is true or he was joking about it . :confused:

· Registered
Super Duper Moderator
323 Posts
The dB killer on my SC-Project slip-on can't be removed. Some mufflers have baffles that can be replaced. No idea on my SC. As long as you keep the CAT you probably won't need a flash or a tune.
I have edited @n02 pic to show what I have taken out. It was a tough job to get it out . I took off the C-clamp and then took a big broad pipe and hammered it out so badly, that it is now useless to use it again. Basically the flat side got almost punctured with all the hammering.
I was wondering if there was anything else that can taken off.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

· Super Moderator
2019 CB1000R
1,906 Posts
I have edited @n02 pic to show what I have taken out. It was a tough job to get it out . I took off the C-clamp and then took a big broad pipe and hammered it out so badly, that it is now useless to use it again. Basically the flat side got almost punctured with all the hammering.
I was wondering if there was anything else that can taken off.
The dB killer (which is what you removed) is really the only thing that's supposed to be out of the muffler while the bike is operating.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts