Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I registered here about a month ago but have only just got permission to post - I took delivery of my 2018 silver-grey CB1000R NSC on 17th Sept, with factory fitted quickshifter.

I've come here after 4 years on a BMW R NineT - I loved that bike but started having problems with persistent oil leaking from the shaft drive, and since I was out of warranty, it was a costly rebuild. I just couldn't trust the bike anymore.

I am enjoying the smoothness and the response of the CB1000R, I've not had an I4 bike for 7 years now and that was a 600cc so not nearly as much punch.

So far I've added an Evotech rad guard (lovely quality), and have Oxford retro heated grips, some V-Trec folding levers and a tail tidy ready to go on in the next week or so.

I've only ever seen one other NSC out and about on the roads in London - anyone else here in the London area?

Cheers,
KK NSC1.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6 weeks in, and despite the crazy amount of rain we've had lately, I'm riding most days and really enjoying this bike. Smooth and easy to ride in all conditions, and naughty when circumstances allow.

I've added a Hurric Pro 2 exhaust, tail tidy, V-Trec folding levers, Evotech rad guard, a hugger extender and some heated grips. Need to do something about the mirrors because they look a bit crap and don't work very well, and maybe a tiny little screen above the headlight to tidy that area up - perhaps something like the Honda factory meter visor (but not that expensive).

Still haven't seen another CB1000R NSC on the road in London......!

Cheers,
KK

Attachments

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Missed you first time round so------
-------to the forum.

Colvert.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts