Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there folks!

Picked up a new CB about six weeks ago after seeing a good price on a left-over '19 up in IL. Have about 700 miles on it now. Really like it as I wanted a simple road bike. Had a Z1000 for several years a while back. Picked the CB over a Z900RS Cafe. Have been doing some customizing of the seating position with a bit of a bar riser and lower foot rests.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Guess you saw the whoopin' put to the Vols yesterday. Sure wish UT could turn around their football team. Throwing coaches at it every few years hasn't worked. Maybe recruiting is the answer.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Such a great color! Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum.

I have a hard time seeing the bike in the second pic with the background being so beautiful. 👍

Reactions: Lightring

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Reactions: Lightring

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Way back in the day at the age of 13 I bought my first motorcycle--a Honda 100. Months later, I bought a new MT-125 Elsinor for $515 as advertised!. My next bike at 16 was a CB-400F I bought from a bank. It was a blue '75 with ape hangers. Yup, you read that right! Promptly fit the OEM bar. I really liked that bike.

Here's a picture in full cafe guise right after I painted it red.

And the 550F that came a little later.

So, the CB1000R takes me back to some earlier days as a kid.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i believe the CB400 is still produced and sold in japan.
lovely bike u had there!
Cool! That might explain why I see what looks like a cult following in Instagram for the CB-400F. I would love to have one of those if indeed they are still being manufactured. I look for them in my area, but not really into another restoration project like I did with a Kawasaki 750turbo 20 years ago.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
$15,000 USD, ouch! Two grand more than the NSC. Very cool looking for sure!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
^^^ Yes, quite lovely. I wonder if GhostRider has collected one?

( oh, btw, welcome Lightring! apolgies... I got caught up in the thread-jack! )

·
Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
4,006 Posts
Way back in the day at the age of 13 I bought my first motorcycle--a Honda 100. Months later, I bought a new MT-125 Elsinor for $515 as advertised!. My next bike at 16 was a CB-400F I bought from a bank. It was a blue '75 with ape hangers. Yup, you read that right! Promptly fit the OEM bar. I really liked that bike.

Here's a picture in full cafe guise right after I painted it red.
View attachment 48893

View attachment 48894

And the 550F that came a little later.
View attachment 48895

So, the CB1000R takes me back to some earlier days as a kid.
Ape hangers you say ???---------This wasn't you practicing was it ???

Great for sweaty arm pits..jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts