Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 481 Posts

·
Administrator
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Motorcycle Monthly have just published the latest speculations from Jap rumour mill Young Machine - based on the new Blade and guessing at 160bhp - the imagined styling cues look promising - Honda can go two ways - the cheaper 140bhp route with a retuned 999cc bike based on the outgoing blade - this would keep the price down and be fairly easy to source existing parts. But it may not be Euro4 compliant without development Or they could take the Yam route and just rip the fairing off the new Blade (fully compliant) -BUT the base Blade is £15k and features RBW and electronics but pumps up a class lagging 185 - so 'detuning' is likely to push it to 150bhp max at the crank....let the guessing, speculation and waiting begin !!!!

IMG_0103.JPG

·
Registered
395 Posts
I sincerely hope the replacement CB1000 looks nothing like that picture, that is awful!
I don't share that sentiment. It looks like a Speed Triple/Super Duke hybrid. The frame is clearly a new CBR1000RR frame under there, which would be awesome for them to do instead of the backbone we currently have.

I personally think the CB1000R is not very attractive at all in stock trim and would welcome a little more conventional naked look.

·
Administrator
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are only 3rd party digital mock ups - Honda have formally announced zilch but it is pretty much the last remaining big news big bike replacement - maybe Honda played a blinder and avoided the mass cloud of Euro4 2017 models - when they get the PR mill working it'll be in more of a new bike vacuum and after GSXS and MT10s become old hat (although I think Suzuki will revamp their naked quite quickly)....could be a slice of genius ?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I don't share that sentiment. It looks like a Speed Triple/Super Duke hybrid. The frame is clearly a new CBR1000RR frame under there, which would be awesome for them to do instead of the backbone we currently have.

I personally think the CB1000R is not very attractive at all in stock trim and would welcome a little more conventional naked look.
I think that is the problem I have with it, it looks too much like a Speed Triple. I have never cared for the looks of the Speed Triple, particularly the rear end. One of the thing's that attracted me to the current CB, was it's quirky looks. I like bikes that stand out a bit.

As Sovrec points out, this is just someones idea of what the bike could look like. If in deed Honda do bring out a new model at all, I would hope they start with a clean sheet of paper and don't borrow ideas from other bikes.

Ultimately though, whatever a new bike looks like, some of us will love it, some of us will hate it. That's Life........... :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jesus, this make picking a new naked so much harder. Stuck between S1000r, Superduke and the Tuono, and now this. I feel like we'd been on a caravan in a sand storm with nothing to eat, and all of a sudden the sun comes out and You find the oasis with everything it's got to offer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
These are only 3rd party digital mock ups - Honda have formally announced zilch but it is pretty much the last remaining big news big bike replacement - maybe Honda played a blinder and avoided the mass cloud of Euro4 2017 models - when they get the PR mill working it'll be in more of a new bike vacuum and after GSXS and MT10s become old hat (although I think Suzuki will revamp their naked quite quickly)....could be a slice of genius ?
That's a good bit of speculation.---:beer

·
Registered
157 Posts
Honda is probably to late to the game for me....I'm going to look at the BMW s1000r today....I've always been a die hard Honda fan but I want/need more from my naked! I've dumped a crap load of money in my CB in the last two months but it is what it is, and after learning more about the s1000r I fell in love..IF, I can make a good deal the CB will probably be gone......NOW, the chances of this happening is slim to none....

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'd be perfectly happy if the engine is from the 08 onwards blade, because it is in fact awesome. No electronics needed, but I will have the slipper clutch too please Honda.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Honda is probably to late to the game for me....I'm going to look at the BMW s1000r today....I've always been a die hard Honda fan but I want/need more from my naked! I've dumped a crap load of money in my CB in the last two months but it is what it is, and after learning more about the s1000r I fell in love..IF, I can make a good deal the CB will probably be gone......NOW, the chances of this happening is slim to none....
you've only just got the Honda?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Red and Black, are racing colours, silver too, how many championship Gold racing machines can you remember? I rest my case...gold is for posing and lowriders :p :D

1 - 20 of 481 Posts