Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, 馃憢 I'm a total nob to motorcycling, only just passed my licence. I feel in love in CB1000R a year ago when I first saw it, and it was love from the first sight. I decided to build a small garage do the licence and get her in asap 馃槃 now one year later I'm a happy owner of the New Black Edition and just clocked my first 200miles gradualy building confidence. I hope I can learn a lot from you guys and will also gladly share my experience along the way.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

Registered
Hello everyone, 馃憢 I'm a total nob to motorcycling, only just passed my licence. I feel in love in CB1000R a year ago when I first saw it, and it was love from the first sight. I decided to build a small garage do the licence and get her in asap 馃槃 now one year later I'm a happy owner of the New Black Edition and just clocked my first 200miles gradualy building confidence. I hope I can learn a lot from you guys and will also gladly share my experience along the way.
View attachment 50535
Hello Kris! Congrats on your new NSC and welcome to the group from sunny New Mexico!

Glad to see you in proper riding gear! Color matched to the bike, to boot! Kris, help me out here: what is, or where is 'NI' ?

Cheers!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip, I will get the suspension setting checked at the the 1st 600 mile service. The handling seems fine but I have no comparison, so it may not be ideal for my rather heavy weight.

Registered
Thanks for the tip on Northern Ireland, Kr!s! I actually thought of that but wasn't sure. I'm a Kansas farm boy, moved down here to NM for the climate and the mountain riding. We can ride year round down here! I have a '21 NSC, it's quite a revelation to me, having ridden 'underdog' bikes through most of my years.

Registered
Thanks for the tip, I will get the suspension setting checked at the the 1st 600 mile service. The handling seems fine but I have no comparison, so it may not be ideal for my rather heavy weight.
Hello and welcome!

No need to wait for a service for that. Here is a topic with good starting points.

If you don't know how to set the suspension, it's very easy. Have a look at your manual or check on YouTube cb1000r suspension settings.

Enjoy the bike and keep the rubber side down

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello and welcome!

No need to wait for a service for that. Here is a topic with good starting points.

If you don't know how to set the suspension, it's very easy. Have a look at your manual or check on YouTube cb1000r suspension settings.

Enjoy the bike and keep the rubber side down

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk
Hey, thank you for sending the link. It's a very interesting reading. It looks like I have some work to do this weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts