Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya all, looks like i'll be grabbing a CB soon in the States. Has anyone installed quickshifter? Any other notable mods worth pursuing?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got the factory quickshifter with mine, worth every penny. Best mod for the bike otherwise is to get a different rear shock. I recommend the Nitron R1 as a drop in replacement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's definitely my first addition. Hoping dealer can get it cheap! One thing I didn't notice but assumed based on memory was the CB doesn't have steering damper does it? Is that something needed? I've heard about the rear shock bit and I plan to try that out if it's bugging me, plus seems like you can basically take it to track days if you do that so def worth me looking into. Have people had much success on maps? I've seen the deadzone in the middle and while that doesn't really bother me too much being my first liter bike(that's more sporty), may be something I do in the future.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Quickshifter, ohlins rear. Micuni front.

Added the factory power socket, which is great for charging Sena on the run.

Also added Evotech radiator guard and the Plus-style aluminum accents on front and rear fenders.

I'm a heavy guy and I like a spirited ride on mountain roads, so the suspension upgrade was vital. The rest ... i can live without. But I like my bike the way it is. 2018. 9,000 miles.

Oh, and great choice. Congratulations and welcome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh I'm a taller guy so may end up having to do suspension, pros cons of Ohlins vs the Nitron R1?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think the Honda qs is around €800 in Holland, ex install. If you not going for the Honda, I can recommend translogic. By far the best I think. I had it on my previous bike, never missed a shift. Around the same €, but not standard with a blipper I think. Check the website: www.translogicsystems.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I went ahead and got QS, wanted downshift more than anything. I also took off stock exhaust just to see what i could expect out of my slipon, and man that thing is pretty quiet still. Something tells me eventually people will be selling cat exhaust that are somewhere between decat and full cat(4?) eventually since it's such a huge difference between stock and decat exhausts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree on the sound with the cat still on the bike is not a huge step from standard exhaust. I fitted an SC project S1GP slip on on my bike. Started it up and was pretty disappointed at first. Took the dB killer out, and that made a big difference. I wouldn't want it louder, but that's just personal preference I guess. In Holland they are getting really picky on bikes that make a lot of noise, and it will get you in trouble. A ticket for 98dB and above is about €490 I read lately. No thanks. Good choice for de qs with blipper. The Honda qs rides really smooth. Great upgrades

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts