Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been out again today, and got caught on wet roads so first proper clean was needed!! Jesus this bike has some tight places to get to. The CB REALLY needs a hugger, keeping my fingers crossed that somebody comes up with the proper goods, and soon. Bike is loosening up nice now, just over 200 miles done and still grinning like an idiot. Have upped the rear pre load by one click from standard and now feels the business

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
I was considering the same thing as I've done 240miles and find the bike to be generally too soft. I decided to wait until after the first service until I'm really letting it loose, and see what needs doing then. Keep us posted with any suspension changes you make and the results :thumbup

On the hugger front; don't tell me that! As I've no doubt said repeatedly, I will use my bike every day, in all weathers, so I will either need a hugger ASAP or to be cleaning it far more regularly than I'd like (who wants to stand in the back yard cleaning in the rain?)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right guys, as I do a lot of cycling, I've used an old pair of neoprene overshoes and cut the foot part off and made a shock sock out of it. As it is black, once it was velcroed on it looks the part and will keep the shock clean until the huggers appear. Overshoes generally cost £20 per pair so you could make 2. Just a temp solution guys

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Not a bad idea; I believe most shock socks are neoprene too, though normally designed for off-road bikes. Been looking in to them for the past couple of days

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
The beauty of the single sided swing arm.... apart from it's obvious looks, is that it takes about 20 seconds to remove the the thing.... then you can get right in behind the swingarm and shock.. definitely helps having a Abba Sportsbike Stand though.

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Apparently the CB1000R needs the same kit as the 2007 Hornet (but they did tell me that some months ago)... I have the Yamaha kit so it's completely different.

Might be worthwhile asking Doble, if they have any Abba stands there to check... if you can buy from them as well with the discount, it may make them slightly cheaper too.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
DAN said:
Apparently the CB1000R needs the same kit as the 2007 Hornet (but they did tell me that some months ago)...
Not such a weird concept, as the CB1000R frame is an evolution of the 2007 Hornet's :thumbup

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If i am stating the obvious here guys, then i apologise now. I have an abba stand, and have previously had a couple of Cb1300 s and the adaptors for that do fit my new cb1000r, so as a rule honda must use the same dimensions for the swing arm pivot bolts, so anybody that has previously had hornets etc should not have to buy anymore adaptors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts