R1200/1250RT hands down you will notfind a better bike to fulfill your requirements.Hi y'all,
I currently have 2 Honda CBR1000RR. I'm planning to sell my older one next year and get another bike that will allow me to ride long distances. As such, I'm seeking recommendations from you folks who are more experienced than me. So, here are the requirements:
Do you think the current 2021/2020 CB1000R will do well with longer distance riding?
- comfortable for longer distance: seat, little or no vibrations, seating position, handle-bar position, etc.
- larger gas tank (so, I don't need to keep stopping for gas)
- engine size: must be larger than or equal 750cc; preferably, 1000cc. Need to be able to pass an RV at will and with ease at highway speed.
- engine type: 4 cylinders, V-Twin, whatever
- seat height : nothing above 32.5"
- curb weight: I need to be able to pick it up alone in remote areas if it drops (so, nothing above 550 lbs)
- Some well designed wind management windshield/visor in the front
- good modern TFT displays
- price range: up to $15K
- New old stock
- reliable and does not need me to keep babying it (prefer Japanese brands)
- reasonably good MPG : good fuel efficiency
I'm intending to install a decent windshield so I don't feel beaten down by hours of wind buffeting at freeway speeds.