Honda CB1000R Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just got the headers from akra. Will have the longer muffler on Wednesday. I already have the rapid bike. Is there anything I need to know about swapping over. Seems pretty strait forward. Install all parts and load the rapid bike program for the full akra system and done? I found a returned set of headers from Dennis Kirk on ebay at a huge deal. I hope it's not super loud.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I just got the headers from akra. Will have the longer muffler on Wednesday. I already have the rapid bike. Is there anything I need to know about swapping over. Seems pretty strait forward. Install all parts and load the rapid bike program for the full akra system and done? I found a returned set of headers from Dennis Kirk on ebay at a huge deal. I hope it's not super loud.
it should be straight forward.
will be super loud if you remove the db killer, as all bike will be with a full exhaust system.
i keep the db killer in place and use ear plugs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Def gonna keep it in. I wear plugs but still hoping it's not obnoxious. YouTube and sound vids don't really show loudness. Just tonality. I really wouldn't mind if it sounded stock but just had the gains.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So... I got it all installed. Loaded the new map and did a little freeway errand today. I was really worried it was gonna be crazy loud but it's not bad. Different sound with more volume. And the bike seems like it runs super good. Figured I'd update for anyone else looking at akaprovic and rapid bike. The hardest part is the header bolts because the radiator is so close. All I did was remove the bottom radiator bolt and swing it forward a little while I sweated thru it. Sorry for hijacking this thread for a minute, and thanks for all the feedback you've given me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So... I got it all installed. Loaded the new map and did a little freeway errand today. I was really worried it was gonna be crazy loud but it's not bad. Different sound with more volume. And the bike seems like it runs super good. Figured I'd update for anyone else looking at akaprovic and rapid bike. The hardest part is the header bolts because the radiator is so close. All I did was remove the bottom radiator bolt and swing it forward a little while I sweated thru it. Sorry for hijacking this thread for a minute, and thanks for all the feedback you've given me.
Thanks for the update, I'll be looking to put a full system on mine over the winter, its too bad there aren't any ecu flashes available. I've only been on the forum for a week now so I'm trying to do my research before asking questions but it seems the rapid bike is the option most people go for when tuning the cb right?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think so tune wise. I'm pretty new here too, if you have any questions about install or anything hit me up. I'm always happy to help. I'm hoping to get some good twisty miles in today. Right now I've got about 40 mostly freeway miles since the install.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Vampire, a couple of questions about your set up. I find the throttle a little bit twitchy, does the rapid bike sort that at all or is the throttle the same before and after? Does the O2 sensor and pair valve stay connected or do they get disabled.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hey Vampire, a couple of questions about your set up. I find the throttle a little bit twitchy, does the rapid bike sort that at all or is the throttle the same before and after? Does the O2 sensor and pair valve stay connected or do they get disabled.
i found the throttle to be super smooth before and after. no change here.
everything stays connected. the tuner should sort things out and no CEL with de-catted exhaust system.
bike needs full tune to get everything out of the engine. i remember my tuned '13 having lots of torque and 6th gear pull was enough for passing in the highway. i have to downshift to 5th or 4th in the nsc.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
661 Posts
it seems the rapid bike is the option most people go for when tuning the cb right?
For perfect performance, throttle response, and durability, special mapping developed by Akrapovič R&D in collaboration with our partner Rapid Bike by Dimsport has to be used. Please visit Akrapovic , where you can download the mapping.
Does the O2 sensor
Tighten the link pipe’s bolt and both lambda sensors to the specified torques

21 - 29 of 29 Posts