Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had mentioned in an earlier post that I wanted to get my rims painted.
Its done and I am happy with the result - I'm from the old school and don't like everything black.
List of my mods:
Generic mirrors with home made stalks.
Akra slip on.
Removed radiator side panels (they seem to draw attention to the wide radiator). I prefer the more nuts and bolts/naked look.
White Rims.
Tail Tidy.
Small panel to fill the gap between the top of the headlight and the bottom of the gauges and hide those 2 big bolts.
Just a couple of photos for anybody whose interested.
Kind Regards - Ray.
P.S. I will keep you all informed of the modification to the Kaneg paddock stand, when I receive it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Excellent.------:thumbup

·
Registered
250 Posts
I love how the mods you've done make it look more retro than NSC. If you don't mind me saying the only bit that stands out and doesn't sit correctly aesthetically is the silver headlight surround. I think black would work way better

·
Registered
8 Posts
How would you paint the headlight cover? Vinyl wrap? Nice looking bike. Massive fan of making something the way you prefer with all these little touches.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Which tail tidy is this - Mustardbikes.com.
Great bloke to deal with. $129 delivered to my home in Adelaide - excellent install video on the website.
For that money, I didn't even try to make my own and its quite a clever mounting design.
Regards Ray.
P.S. I've since removed the "sticky out" tank badges - looks a lot better (in my opinion only).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts