Honda CB1000R Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

· Registered
Super Duper Moderator
325 Posts
@Otown I ordered these lights :love: hopefully I can fly by night
Check the last 5 mins at this video link comparing the diff lights at night at 31:15 onwards - The D7 is at the very end at 36:25

Optional - that I did not buy is - DialDim™ Lighting Controller – Universal Fit – A Bike Thing

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
@Otown Spring is here 😎 What is in the Mod Journey wish list for this summer ?
I’ve got 3 track days booked, and I’m going to try and get it to the drag strip too. summer is riding season and winter is mod season. I don’t know if I’ll put a header on or not, my Kawasaki is loud with a full system I kind of want to keep one of them sort of rational, plus the track has a db maximum so the bike might stay the way it currently sits.
You get your night rider lights running?

· Registered
Super Duper Moderator
325 Posts
I’ve got 3 track days booked, and I’m going to try and get it to the drag strip too. summer is riding season and winter is mod season. I don’t know if I’ll put a header on or not, my Kawasaki is loud with a full system I kind of want to keep one of them sort of rational, plus the track has a db maximum so the bike might stay the way it currently sits.
You get your night rider lights running?
Yeah I got the nightrider lights all fixed up and ready to fly low on the 401 to Montreal more often now, recent pic here linked in another post.

@Otown Something to get you all pumped up for the track
Ride SAFE (y)(y)(y)

· Registered
'21 CB1000R
147 Posts
Yeah I got the nightrider lights all fixed up and ready to fly low on the 401 to Montreal more often now, recent pic here linked in another post.

@Otown Something to get you all pumped up for the track
Ride SAFE (y)(y)(y)
Boy, it's been awhile since driving the 401. Have family in Brockville, ON and Brownsburg, QC but due to the covid restrictions, haven't been up that way in a couple years. I think the restrictions are easing tomorrow, so who knows, might get to see the St. Lawrence again soon.

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
That's funny because after seeing the pic of your bike with them I thought I liked that look better than the spy ends! The rizomas are good, rizoma makes good quality stuff, I bought the smallest diameter, don't remember what that is off the top of my head. I took them off for most of the season because I was taking the bike to the track so I rode without mirrors most of the summer, the only thing I don't like is extra width, I find the bike is a little too wide now for sneaking through tight spots, I the last bit of the season I put one on and left the second off just to compromise a bit. Now that I have another bike for the track I'll likely put them both on again. What don't you like about yours?

· Registered
31 Posts
That's funny because after seeing the pic of your bike with them I thought I liked that look better than the spy ends! The rizomas are good, rizoma makes good quality stuff, I bought the smallest diameter, don't remember what that is off the top of my head. I took them off for most of the season because I was taking the bike to the track so I rode without mirrors most of the summer, the only thing I don't like is extra width, I find the bike is a little too wide now for sneaking through tight spots, I the last bit of the season I put one on and left the second off just to compromise a bit. Now that I have another bike for the track I'll likely put them both on again. What don't you like about yours?
Awesome! I appreciate the honest review. I found that with the CRG bar ends I had as well. I believe 57mm is the smallest they have unless it was changed recently. How do you like the CB on the track?

Truthfully, I can’t really think of anything I don’t really like about them. I just have an itch to try bar ends again I’m pretty sure. My wife will love more revzilla packages showing up I know that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I thought the cb performed very well. I changed the rear shock to an ohlins and that was a beautiful upgrade. It was my first time going to track and I took the Honda 4 times. I did scrape the carbon heat shield on the exhaust (SC Project S1 slip on) a couple times so it doesn’t have superbike cornering clearance, but that aside it is still better than I am. I did get a zx6 at the end of the year so that will be my track bike, but I will still likely take the Honda once or twice this year for fun. It’s great riding it as hard as you can without the worries of regular road hazards.

· Registered
31 Posts
I thought the cb performed very well. I changed the rear shock to an ohlins and that was a beautiful upgrade. It was my first time going to track and I took the Honda 4 times. I did scrape the carbon heat shield on the exhaust (SC Project S1 slip on) a couple times so it doesn’t have superbike cornering clearance, but that aside it is still better than I am. I did get a zx6 at the end of the year so that will be my track bike, but I will still likely take the Honda once or twice this year for fun. It’s great riding it as hard as you can without the worries of regular road hazards.
That’s not surprising to hear about the CB, but I love that it sounds like it delivered what’s expected. I’ve been eyeing the ohlins for mine, I don’t think I’ve read one negative review about them. I had an 06 and an 09 zx6 in the past. Absolutely fantastic bikes, I’m honestly jealous you’re getting the best of both worlds haha. I have a track a few hours away from me, I’d like to take the leap and go for a day.

If you’re ever curious about the Tomoks, I’d do an even swap for the spy-r mirrors (absolutely 0 pressure lol). I’d send the Rizoma bar ends and the mirror adapters your way too so you could get the whole “setup” so to speak.

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
If you’re ever curious about the Tomoks, I’d do an even swap for the spy-r mirrors (absolutely 0 pressure lol). I’d send the Rizoma bar ends and the mirror adapters your way too so you could get the whole “setup” so to speak.
thanks for the offer I appreciate that, but I think I’ll keep the bar ends, my reason for getting them originally was the keep it clean above the bars and for now I think I’ll maintain that, I am always suffering from the grass is greener on the other side syndrome.

· Registered
31 Posts
thanks for the offer I appreciate that, but I think I’ll keep the bar ends, my reason for getting them originally was the keep it clean above the bars and for now I think I’ll maintain that, I am always suffering from the grass is greener on the other side syndrome.
No sweat I get it! My set should be coming in tomorrow, definitely stoked to see how they look

41 - 56 of 56 Posts