Honda CB1000R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well I fitted my shock and carbon bits, front and rear fender, chain guard and front tank and key parts. Not sure how I feel about the carbon on the black edition because now it's not all the same. I'm going to leave it for now but not sure if it will stay, I may have just wasted a thousand dollars 馃槶
Crankset Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Vehicle brake

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Registered
'21 CB1000R
Man, loving the look of that Ohlins. Have you had a chance to get it set-up yet? Just wondering how the ride is on rougher roads.

Registered
'21 CB1000R
I have electronic Ohlins on my SC77. Suspension takes bumps much better than the NSC or other CBR1000RR models
Yeah, the roads around here are super rough and my aging back is starting to feel the jarring more than it used to. Getting soft, I guess. :)

Registered
My experience with the ohlins is that it's allot stiffer but it's so much more stable. I didn't realize the rear stock shock was soft till I replaced it. It's like going from a Cadillac to a Porsche. I feel myself holding onto the bars with a lighter grip now because the bike does what I want it to.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
My only complaint with the cb has been the rear shock, im probably 230 with gear on and the rear shock could feel like a pogo stick sometimes, which is why I decided to get the ohlins, can鈥檛 wait to try it, only 2 or 3 months to go !

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Bought a cheap license plate relocate from Amazon and modified it a bit and moved my plate, I like the cleaner back tire look but I didn鈥檛 want to spend the $300 on the brand name relocate kit, although I don鈥檛 have a light now on the plate I may have some issues at night, if I choose to stop.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive tire Vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Those are coworkers bikes, we have a nice secure heated mechanical room that we keep our bikes in over winter, that is Harley row behind mine

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Good looking pair.....How does the z900 compare to the CB?
The honda is definitely the sportier, bike. Its faster, corners and turns in quicker, stops faster. Pegs are higher on the Honda and has a better top end, the Kawi is tuned for down low/midrange. Both bikes are about the same for comfort and vibrations. Looks are subjective, but the overall quality and finish goes to the honda as well. But I do love my Kawi, good low down torque, feels really stable and planted in the corners, lots of aftermarket/mods available and I definitely get more attention on the Kawasaki than the Honda. If I could only have one bike I don't know which one it would be.

Registered
'21 CB1000R
My BIL has a '20 model with a full Akropovic and he loves it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
My BIL has a '20 model with a full Akropovic and he loves it.
Yeah it鈥檚 a really good bike, a real modern classic. The reason I bought the cb was because I was putting so many miles on the kawi I wanted a second bike to make it last longer.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts