Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m not planning on doing a lot of mods to my bike, but I think I’ll still document what I do for future reference in case anybody is looking for a similar product and wants to see how it looks on their bike. Now I’ve only put a slip on and bar end mirrors. Future mods may include some carbon pieces, ohlins rear shock and possibly headers and a tune but we’ll see how it all unravels. I also just picked up my first set of leathers and plan on taking my CB to the track this upcoming season. Slip on is a SC Project S1 Carbon, and the bar ends are rizoma spy end mirrors.
Motorcycle Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive lighting

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I changed the suspension and added the accessory parts to make it a Plus version (not available in U S of A). Nothing else. The only other thing I'd change is to add back the awesome bottom end that was beautiful in the pre-2018 model.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
31 Posts
2019 US version here... swapped out the handlebars for a Rethal Fatbar with Pro Grip Gel grips, bar end mirrors (of course), accessory outlet, meter visor, OEM quick shifter, padded foot pegs, integrated tail light and CS Racing muffler. I also went for the front fender panels since I apparently had too much money burning a hole in my pocket. I think the only things I'm missing that keep it from being a "Plus" model are the heated grips and rear hugger panels... no interest in heated grips but I may go for the panels if I come across them.

I've recently ordered the full Akra system with the homologated muffler as well as a Rapid Bike Evo fuel controller... all should be here this week... going to be a fun summer!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I broke down and ordered the Ohlins rear shock and some carbon parts from Motocomposites (front fender, rear fender, chain guard and guide, front tank cover and key cover. Should all be here by the end of the month and I`ll for sure be showing it off once I get it all installed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ohlins is a very nice upgrade. Especially if you are a spirited rider.
I’m going to be taking the cb to the track this year so I think it should be a significant upgrade, not cheap though and I’m trying not to think about it o_O

·
Registered
2021 CB1000R ABS BLACK EDITION
137 Posts
Well I broke down and ordered the Ohlins rear shock and some carbon parts from Motocomposites (front fender, rear fender, chain guard and guide, front tank cover and key cover. Should all be here by the end of the month and I`ll for sure be showing it off once I get it all installed.
Santa must have forgotten his wallet at your place LOL :LOL:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The worst part is most things are shut down here again so I have to get everything shipped to the house instead of work, and I’m kind of scared 😳

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
31 Posts
The chicken strips look yummy LOL :p
Haha, I previously had a 2017 SV650 that I felt I could lean much further over than this one and strips were much closer to the edge... but it was also a smaller and lighter bike with a lower center of gravity and a slimmer rear tire, so maybe it's all in my head. :unsure:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
All in your head. Your head is very strongly in control here. Though it can be helped by getting the suspension set up well.

You can lean to the edge of the rear tyre without scraping the crazy long hero blobs. You can take them off and lean even further.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts