Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When purchasing the CB and seeing the amount of Blue already existing on the bike I thought I would carry the theme a little further

I decided to put aluminium anodised blue mesh in a few areas on the bike and painted reservior caps and the honda stamps on both sides of the engine. Also put carbon vinyl on the radiator guards, heal guards

Here are a few pics to show what I did

Don't know if anyone has done this let us know what you think

·
Registered
821 Posts
Looking good, not sure about the radiator though, maybe too much blue in one spot?

Just ordered blue brake & clutch reservoir caps today :thumbup

Do you just pop the old ones off & replace? Or does the fluid need to be changed as a result?

·
Registered
891 Posts
I could see that on my white bike, hmmmm... Nice and original.

I take it thats just a sheet of anodized mesh behind the OEM rad guard?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
BigL76 said:
Just ordered blue brake & clutch reservoir caps today :thumbup

Do you just pop the old ones off & replace? Or does the fluid need to be changed as a result?
No need to replace the fluid if you're just changing the caps. Wait until you fit braided lines. :thumbup

Blue is about the only colour that goes with the green, and it's already there, so any other colour would look pretty messy. I've used it on a few bits and pieces, but be careful you don't overdo it!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just ordered blue brake & clutch reservoir caps today

I just removed them and painted them from a pressure pack can. The blue is called cyan which
is very close to a anodised look about $10 a can from my local auto spares shop. Cheep mod if they get scratched I can just repaint. The Honda written on the side of the engine was painted with the same paint. I taped the area up painted it removed the tape while it was still wet. I then wiped the case with prep wash on a rag which left the paint on the internal area. Stands out in the sun light. Will probably take some more photos when we get some sunshine oneday.

·
Registered
125 Posts
not bad im liking the blue res caps was thinking of getting mine done but not sure as the price of some are too high for my liking, di you get all 3 caps from the same place and if so where from please :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not bad im liking the blue res caps was thinking of getting mine done but not sure as the price of some are too high for my liking, di you get all 3 caps from the same place and if so where from please
Hi [email protected]£ as I explained I painted them with a pressure pack can which cost me $10. They have come up really well the paint colour is called cyan.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Cyan is a pretty common colour, it's one of the subtractive primary colours when printing (Cyan, Magenta and Yellow, or Blue, Red and Yellow) as opposed to the additive primary colours which make up visible light: Red, Green and Blue.

That's your lesson for today guys :thumbup

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Thanks Ant, learn a new thing every day, not too sure what I can use this new found knowledge as yet, you never know, it might come in handy at a pub quiz.........

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Yeah, like on your own printer at home, where it will use Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black (theoretically you can mix black with C, M and Y, but as some people with cheapo Lexmark printers found out, it tends to come out brown instead)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts