Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
661 Posts
If I removed my passenger pegs I don't know where I'd mount the pigtail to maintain the battery.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mine is secured just inside that gap in the subframe where you can see the top of the shock in the OP’s pic.

And my pillion pegs and mounts are in a box somewhere.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far mods are Dart fly screen which has made it more bearable riding at around the 90 to 100 mph mark. The SP Engineering slip on which adds a claimed 4.5 bhp. That was the only slip on I kept going back to. No ECU flash. Seat cowl from Web!ke and peg removal.

Also fitted a USB port for keeping my phone charged and a Quadlock mount.

Other stuff i may do will be fitting some knock off Oberon mirrors because stock suck and maybe changing the levers. Tail tidy I'm 50/50 on. I'll see when I get my Abba stand if I can be bothered.

Only complaint I have really is one that's been raised a few times about how easy the paint seems to scratch. But love it so far.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
661 Posts
prefer a nice neat tail tidy.
Yeah, but the tail tidy makes the rear look like a bunch of other makes and models with tail tidies. Though the OEM fender/plate bracket is not an original idea, it does make the rear look fairly unique.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, but the tail tidy makes the rear look like a bunch of other makes and models with tail tidies. Though the OEM fender/plate bracket is not an original idea, it does make the rear look fairly unique.
I agree to a certain point and before I started modding I did like how clean the back end looked and didn’t think I would do the tail tidy until by accident I came across the mustard bikes tidy. I thought I’d give it a go and if I didn’t like it could go back to stock and only loose a 100 bucks. Once it was on(prick to install) I loved the look. I also think the CB1k looks unique enough from every other angle to still stand out from the crowd.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
661 Posts
I also think the CB1k looks unique enough from every other angle to still stand out from the crowd.
Well it does have an "ancient" single sided swingarm, but part of what makes it a Neo-Sports Café is not having a fender or license plate attached to the bottom of the seat.

Not Neo ⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆

·
Registered
Honda CB1000R+ 2020
9 Posts
Looks good mate. Where is the belly pan from? Wasn’t sure if i should or not but definitely glad decided to get the rims done gold. Photos don’t do justice, looks awesome in the sunlight, the gold really sparkles and makes the the bike really pop!
It’s from Ermax but bought through Ermax Belly Pan | Metallic Red (Candy Chromosphere Red/Aluminium) | Ho
I went for this one as I felt the lines complemented the bike design, lots of other brands seemed too angular to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts