Honda CB1000R Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
41,000 miles now, sprung a fork leak and am going to throw some Ohlins at this thing I think! Not sure how far I want to go with this bike but I'm getting some offers for a steal!!

·
Administrator
4,048 Posts
41,000 miles now, sprung a fork leak and am going to throw some Ohlins at this thing I think! Not sure how far I want to go with this bike but I'm getting some offers for a steal!!
Go for it buddy - the CB with fettled suspension is something special - it really does open the bikes potential ! Once you've done it you'll set a standard for your future rides (I only did a 'stage 1' upgrade) !

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Go for it buddy - the CB with fettled suspension is something special - it really does open the bikes potential ! Once you've done it you'll set a standard for your future rides (I only did a 'stage 1' upgrade) !
Awesome. I've got a remote reservoir shock in mind and 20mm valve inset with springs. Should be possible from what I hear.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I apologise for dragging up an old thread, but was wondering if the 4 bolt era VFR wheels are a straight swap for both or just the rear?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I can't remember what the deal was as it was years ago, but I believe there was something about the brakes that was a problem on the front wheel. I can't remember what the work around was. We discussed it on here at some point a looooong time ago.

Personally, I like the stock wheels.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts