Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a great motocross movie for free if you have Amazon Prime called "Moto3".

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More like "why we ride" probably. Mix of racers and non-racers...

·
Registered
951 Posts
more interest here in red cards and who's who in soccer, than any interest in dirt bikes. I doubt if many from the UK even have dirt bikes, much less race mx. imho
I still have my '00 CR250, recently sold my DRS400Z, and have a bunch of vmx bikes, now with recovery from shoulder surgery, its all on the back burner.

·
Banned
5,355 Posts
I had a CR250 Red Rocket, think it was 85/86 model, it was only about a year or 2 old from memory, that was fast , well it felt it at the time.... aren't most of em 4 stroke now ?

Took this the day I bought it

image.jpg

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
more interest here in red cards and who's who in soccer, than any interest in dirt bikes. I doubt if many from the UK even have dirt bikes, much less race mx. imho
I still have my '00 CR250, recently sold my DRS400Z, and have a bunch of vmx bikes, now with recovery from shoulder surgery, its all on the back burner.
​Britain is FULL of dirt bikes. The riders, however, don't get on a CB 1,000 forum. The OP is barking up the wrong tree I'm afraid.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
​Britain is FULL of dirt bikes. The riders, however, don't get on a CB 1,000 forum. The OP is barking up the wrong tree I'm afraid.
Just because this isn't where dirt riders hang out doesn't preclude interest in a movie about motorcycling in whatever form. However you seem to be correct in your opinion evidenced by the lack of interest...

·
Banned
5,355 Posts
I don't often agree with Colvert, but he's right. It does seem that most of the UK forum members have no interest in MX. This is a very narrow focused group, with little interest elsewhere.

Proving there is interest in Mx from the boys in UK, is this facebook page. Lots of intelligent comments and information from UK here. https://www.facebook.com/groups/326614062336/

Well ...they are a narrow focused bunch..didn't talk about a CB 1000r once.... :shake

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Here's my toy for hurting myself with;

IMAG1550.jpg

Factory 300 Beta with all the trick bits on, Magnesium casings, titanium front pipe, aftermarket pegs etc.
Cracking bike with lots of fun and a real workout :D

Beaver1;
I had the two stroke version in the same colours as yours.
What a pain that was despite it only being two year old when I bought it. The previous guy was in the army so he used it very infrequently and the bike suffered because of it. One minute the water pump casing self eroded from the inside and started leaking (£110). Another time the main bearing cage failed and went around the ports until shagging the piston (£150). I had just changed the mains and seals (£100) rebuilt it only to drown it in a stream after coming off a big step. Therefore requiring another set of mains within the next month (another £100).

At this point it had to go as I think it was jinxed. Had a few Betas and they seem a well made competitive bike but that one just didn't work out for me.

The above bike is great and will do everything I need :thumbup

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Yes like jumping a bomb crater showing off in front of my mates this spring. They were all troughing on sarnies for the dinner and I said I could jump that. The problem was there was a very little run up, read nearly a standing start, and the hole was about 8' across. I set myself up nicely and in third gear sprung off the floor with a nice bunny hop.

Ummm now this is where it went wrong!
The jump was about a foot short and so it landed promptly on the sump and came to an abrupt halt :eek

Remembering your physics from school inertia took over and flung me forward at a fair old rate into the bars. The landing had sprained my right ankle just and I had a full galaxy of stars floating about in my head BUT I didn't go over the bars :thumbup winner or so I thought and proceeded back for a sandwich whilst avoiding my embarrassment.............

Composure regained and I rode for the rest of the day no problem.

Next day however was a different story and I couldn't get out of bed. The top yoke/handlebar clamp area (i.e. solid metal) had hit me in the right ribs and left hardly any external mark but it boy did it hurt inside. I braved Sunday out and my partner said "its hospital for you in the morning if your no better!"

Yep broken and bruised ribs were confirmed and anti inflammatory tablets handed out. These proved not enough when getting out or into bed and so I upped the dose to 1800 mgs Ibruprofen/day(I knew I could get away with this as I had this dose for a previous motorcycle knee injury).

It took about seven weeks before I didn't think about the problem any more!!!

All good fun and I can thoroughly recommend getting one..... LOL

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Eldon thank you for reminding me why this 53 yr old body should stick to the tarmac and leave the dirt for you younger blokes!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
2thdr yes best leave it to us younger blokes........... lol .......... I'm only 6 years behind you!!!

Youth is in the head, or at least it is in my case and the body has to go along and catch up later hahaha

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Eldon thank you for reminding me why this 53 yr old body should stick to the tarmac and leave the dirt for you younger blokes!
MotoX looks very dangerous to me. I just don't know how they do it-----------------However------

TARMAC !!!! That, can sneak up on you as well.

Some kind lorry driver left a rash of gravel on a roundabout which I discovered as I accelerated out at about 35 mph.

The bike stopped 20 feet further down the road than I did. The bike had a few grazes and a bent gear lever but apart from that seemed OK,

I felt alright when I rode it from there to home.

The next day, however, just like Eldon I couldn't move !!!!! Doctor diagnosed three cracked ribs. Again, like Eldon, it took about 6 weeks to go away.

I wasn't old when it happened either; just turned 71.

Reactions: Eldon and 2thdr
1 - 18 of 18 Posts