Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone see the MotoGP today? Watched it all since Friday and I'm terribly impressed with Scott Redding; the first British GP winner since what, 2001? First British 125 winner since god knows how long too, and to cap it off, he did it on British soil! First time that's happened in even longer! What a star. Move over Bradley Smith, you're not the number one Brit any more (see the 125 points table where Scott has demoted Bradley by a place :thumbup ) I expect big things from that kid in the future, especially if he gets a decent bike soon. Brilliant :clap I did feel sorry for Iannone though when he gifted Redding the win as he fell off in the Craner Curves as the crowd went wild when he hit the deck. Poor guy.

Amazing performance from Mike Di Meglio too to come from way way WAY back on the grid to take third place, behind... Marc Marquez! Brilliant ride from the tiny Spaniard too on the KTM.

In 250s, Mika Kallio came from way down the grid too to grab an impressive win as Bautista and Simoncelli continue their season-long battle. I've long been impressed by Bautista but Simoncelli has really come on this year and could well threaten for the championship in a few months time. A shame to see Eugene Laverty's recent bad luck continue also.

The 800s looked like they wouldn't be very good from the qualifying and practice sessions where Stoner stamped his authority right from day one. As much as he irritates me at times, it was good to see the champion back on form as he was last year. In all conditions he was the fastest and he checked out in the race and left Rossi and Pedrosa to duke it out. Ever notice how when Pedrosa has to fight Rossi he doesn't do very well? He only beats Rossi if Valentino's having big problems of his own or if Dani gets the whole-shot and doesn't need to pass anyone.

Sorry to see Nicky Hayden not live up to pre-race expectations on the pneumatic-valve Honda as he's also been consistently fast all weekend. I expected more of him. Colin Edwards on the other hand put in another skilful ride to show exactly why Yamaha want to keep him on the books for another year. Shame that Toseland decided to get off on the very first corner though. He won one and DNF'd one at the Donington WSB round last year and while I thought his podium aim was unrealistic I expected better than he's done. It's a shame because I do rate him and think he'll be awesome in the class once he's fully up to speed with the tracks and the bike. All credit to him for persevering with the bike and finishing the race though; it was good for the fans who came to see him, even if he was so far back, and more experience on the bike must be a good thing.

Can't wait for Assen on Saturday! :thumbup

1 - 1 of 1 Posts