Honda CB1000R Forum banner

Moto GP on BBC

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Antnee 
#1 ·
The BBC will be bringing comprehensive coverage of 2008 MotoGP season starting in March

2008 MOTOGP SCHEDULE

Qatar - 9 March
Jerez, Spain, 30 March
Estoril, Portugal, 20 April
Shanghai, China, 4 May
Le Mans, France, 18 May
Mugello, Italy, 1 June
Catalunya, Spain, 8 June
Donington, England, 22 June
Assen, Holland, 27 June
Sachsenring, Germany, 13 July
Laguna Seca, USA, 20 July
Brno, Czech Republic, 17 August
Misano, Italy, 31 August
Indianapolis, USA, 14 September
Sepang, Malaysia, 28 September
Phillip Island, Australia, 12 October
Motegi, Japan, 19 October
Valencia, Spain, 2 November

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for that DB. You'll also find details on the MotoGP.com site here relating to the calendar itself.

Disappointed to see that Dorna are looking at pulling Eurosport's broadcast next year as they don't believe that cable/satellite broadcasts give MotoGP the profile that it needs. That makes no sense to me at all as it's already available on terrestrial so why not just have BBC show a bigger programme with the 125 and 250 classes too, like Eurosport do? I'll be gutted to loose the Eurosport broadcast, even if the commentators are known to make some major gaffes from time to time :blah

You've inspired me to post links to the calendars for all major bike racing events now which you can find at the top of the General Chat forum, or directly here. I'll add more as I get them

#3 ·
Nice one Ross, I'm always forgetting when they're on :thumbup

Ant, doesn't the BBC do an extended version on one of their other channels, BBC3 or BBC4?

#9 ·
Hmmm, I have to agree about Eurosport. Toby Moody and Julian Rider might cock up occasionally but they are sooo into the racing, reminds me of Murray Walker and he wasn't so bad!! The fact that they're not showing the 125's and 250's on BBC is a real pisser too. I'm sorry to say that MotoGP seems to be going the same way as F1. The racing used to be close and you could pick any one from 6 to win every race, I remember seeing Rossi come from 11th at Donnington to win on a bike that was no better than most fo the others and with no team orders! There was brilliant close racing betwen Rossi and Biaggi and Rossi and Gibbers, you just don't get that now. The last two or three have got more boring and I've started watching more WSB and BSB. Of course you've had people dominate the sport, Doohan and Rossi to name two but the racing was always good and they dominated because they had more talent, not better bikes, (just ask Doohan about Criville!). They need to drop the OTT electronics from MotoGP and get back to what it should be about, the riders. Let's be honest Baylis won on the Ducati at Valencia in 2006 without ever threatening a MotoGP win before, even Felix could win on the Duc, Stoner did bugger all in 250's and got lucky with getting the Ducati. Don't ask me why Capirossi couldn't win on it, although I heard that he couldn't get on with the chassis! Racer rather than Robot maybe?

Try the 125's and 250's for real racing, 4 abreast round the last corner, real "win it or bin it" merchants. Quality racing.

Oh yeah, and Suzie is a complete babe :love :love :love , you're losing it Dan.
Jerry

#10 ·
I'm sorry but nobody else can handle the Ducati; Capirossi, Barros, Hoffman, Guintoli, Elias or Melandri, and Chaz Davies proved it will still highside you. You can't take the fact that Stoner is the only one who is consistently fast on that bike away from him. I do agree that they should reduce the electronic intervention though. I remember watching the 2001 season recently (think it was the one where Rossi did his 11th to 1st at Donnington) on ESPN Classic and noted how many of them came a cropper during the season, then thought back to last season and the numbers were vastly smaller. So you can argue that they're there for safety reasons, but then you could argue that if you're so concerned about safety that maybe you should be driving a car with air bags all around you and not a 200bhp+ bike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.