Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Black Edition
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While mooching about online yesterday I noticed this month (May 22) two very well established Honda dealers no longer sell Honda’s. Hunts in Manchester and Castle motorcycles in Castleford. The Honda branding has all gone. Hunts has gone over to selling new Yamaha bikes and the other become a used independent bike shop by the look of it. That’s on top of losing other shops within the last 5 years or so. Pretty bad. Anyone else noticed this going on near them?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
While mooching about online yesterday I noticed this month (May 22) two very well established Honda dealers no longer sell Honda’s. Hunts in Manchester and Castle motorcycles in Castleford. The Honda branding has all gone. Hunts has gone over to selling new Yamaha bikes and the other become a used independent bike shop by the look of it. That’s on top of losing other shops within the last 5 years or so. Pretty bad. Anyone else noticed this going on near them?
Yeah bee, castle mc on castleford were preety good bought 2 bikes from them and used them for various bits of servicing was there only the othet day abd Carl said that had a fall out with Honda no details.
Hunts bought 1 bike of them again decent dealer. Not sure what the issue is/are but this happening with other franchise dealers as well not good for us consumers less chice etc

·
Registered
2022 Black Edition
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah bee, castle mc on castleford were preety good bought 2 bikes from them and used them for various bits of servicing was there only the othet day abd Carl said that had a fall out with Honda no details.
Hunts bought 1 bike of them again decent dealer. Not sure what the issue is/are but this happening with other franchise dealers as well not good for us consumers less chice etc
Yea, I’ve bought a few new (Honda) bikes from Hunts over the last few years and always had a really good experience with them. I do know they were fed up and very frustrated by let’s call it ‘mother Honda’ and same as you I’m not 100% sure exactly how to interpret that but Hunts have been selling for decades and doing very good business so it makes me wonder what more do dealers have to do? About 10 years ago Harley pulled out of Lincoln and Doncaster, then we lost George Petch Wheels (Honda) in Grimsby, plus a handful of smaller independent bike shops in my locality. Compared to the 1990’s there‘s hardly any left. It’s such a shame.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Bee writes: "I do know they were fed up and very frustrated by let’s call it ‘mother Honda’ and same as you I’m not 100% sure exactly how to interpret that but Hunts have been selling for decades and doing very good business so it makes me wonder what more do dealers have to do?"

And I thought Moto Guzzi was a hard brand to be a dealer for! I can only imagine that dealers are pressured by all the chaos in the world just like we all are.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Late to this thread. I bought my CB1000R from them earlier in the year. I had no idea that they had stopped being a Honda dealer.
I can remember them as a kid being the big Honda dealer in the area (back in the early 80's). That's some heritage to lose, such a shame. But it's a crazy world at the moment and who knows what pressures businesses are under.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts