Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I found that on lower than 5k rpm the standard mirrors seem to vibrate quite a lot. Checked the assembly but doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. Any one else experience this issue? If you have aftermarket mirrors on the bike, which one you got?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I got the Rizoma Eccentrico mirrors. Not the best looking ones but very good vision and no vibrations.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input.

I actually think they look quite nice and match the style of your bike. Did you leave the original mountingpositions as it is or did you covered the holes where they wher placed originally?

Much appreciated!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the 2014 but I believe that the mirrors stayed the same? Stylish and cheap. I was used to my round heavy chrome mirrors on my 919. No vibration and visibility tons better, so I swapped them, with extenders to the cb1k and loved everything about them. Problem then is I hated riding the 919 with the crappy mirrors. Anyway I found a new pair of 919 mirrors @ a little over $100.00 and ordered them. Now to get them flat black and install. Also there are no blind spots in the round “Mickey Mouse” mirrors like others on a lot of previous bikes. Maybe not as stylish, but what a great view of whats behind me and to the sides. Oh and zero vibration! Just my 2 cents that worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have got rizoma spy -r mirrors 80 cm
i had them on my superduke 14 , 17
had to remove the honda bar end weights ? and now i have more vibration in the handelbar just a little bit but i defenetly feel it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the vibration irritating at a longer 3-4 hour drive? As long as the mirrors stop vibrating at - 5k rpm I don't care that much about a little vibration, but I don't wanna have numb hands after an extended period of time on longer tours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just feel a little vibration at 4k to 5k rpm but i can live with it .
i think the weight of the mirror is a little low compared to the stock weights ?
numb hands is very personal .
the mirrors dont vibrate thats a good thing.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks for your input.

I actually think they look quite nice and match the style of your bike. Did you leave the original mountingpositions as it is or did you covered the holes where they wher placed originally?

Much appreciated!
Thx. had to remove the honda bar end weights and replaced it with the Rizoma bar ends for this type of mirror.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
TBH, I removed my exhaust and the vibrations went away, I bet you could somehow fix the hangar for the exhaust can and reduce vibration to frame. Thinking of making some stuff to test it out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Will try a few things, I took the weight out of left side in prep of barends and couldn't notice any more vibrations out of that side

1 - 12 of 12 Posts