Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

One of my favorite things about my bike is to keep it perfectly sparkly clean and looking good. Since i got my bike last season there have been the tiny micro scratches in the clear coat that just look terrible. I have the red and black version so they are pretty noticeable. I have tried all I can think of to get rid of them (clay, tons of different waxes and polishes, restoration polishes, etc.).

Any suggestions on what to do? Do I need to get another clear coat layer put on? and what can I do to prevent it from happening in the future if I do get rid of them?

Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
You need a machine to buff them out, something like the meguirs or similar orbital ones to stop you burning paint, then use a hard wax like carnuba to prevent it happening again, and wash with foam, to get dirt off, then wash again, then dry with soft Terry towel, that should help, go online and look at car detailing and paint restoration, but you really need a machine.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Depending on how bad it is, you may want to take it to a detail or body shop that can properly wet sand and polish it. Minor stuff you could probably tackle yourself. I bet youtube has many videos of paint polishing tips. A picture is worth a thousand words.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts