Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
keep them coming.
i'm not really convinced any of them look that good... there must be something would look awesome? :)

I'm no graphics person, but keen to photoshop stuff to see what it might look like..

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Well, if you are going to have a screen then get the one that lives up to its name. ( It Screens you. )---Otherwise it's just a decoration.---:rolleyes:

Puig wins it, hands down.-------------:thumbup

·
Registered
345 Posts
For what it's worth, I don't like the look of any screen on this CB.
It's a naked...if you need a screen, you've bought the wrong bike. :angel
Learn to ride naked.
Takes a bit of time, and practise, but worth the effort.
A screen on this turns a fairly good looking bike into a carbuncle.
Just MHO of course....;)

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
For what it's worth, I don't like the look of any screen on this CB.
It's a naked...if you need a screen, you've bought the wrong bike. :angel
Learn to ride naked.
Takes a bit of time, and practise, but worth the effort.
A screen on this turns a fairly good looking bike into a carbuncle.
Just MHO of course....;)
I agree. Same with the last model.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
The display getting water in it is unacceptable, I don't care how much rain you rode through. Honda needs to replace it. If they replace it and it occurs again, there is a design flaw that needs addressed. Adding a screen isn't the answer.

IMO, don't put a screen on it, they all look shit. The Honda one isn't too bad, but it's too small to do anything other than change the looks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The display getting water in it is unacceptable, I don't care how much rain you rode through. Honda needs to replace it. If they replace it and it occurs again, there is a design flaw that needs addressed. Adding a screen isn't the answer.

IMO, don't put a screen on it, they all look shit. The Honda one isn't too bad, but it's too small to do anything other than change the looks.
I completely agree with this comment.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

I completely agree with this comment.
I agree in theory but..
Honda here are likely to fob it off until complete failure or a recall notice from parent company.
Most dealers here are multi-brand and are not ambassadors for Honda 😛

The purpose of the OEM meter visor seems to be both appearance and to protect the meter, and without it looks like it has a visor shaped gap above the headlight

·
Registered
28 Posts
I will come with genuine accessories but the main problem is Speedometer does not seal. Me and my friends got the same problem with speedometer(got water vapor inside it). Local dealer suggest me to replace with new one but not sure I must pay for it or not.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I will come with genuine accessories but the main problem is Speedometer does not seal. Me and my friends got the same problem with speedometer(got water vapor inside it). Local dealer suggest me to replace with new one but not sure I must pay for it or not.
Yeah, seems obvious there is a problem with the meter design. Riding in the rain is normal use. It sounds like Honda owes you folks some new meters.

Honda here are likely to fob it off until complete failure or a recall notice from parent company.
Most dealers here are multi-brand and are not ambassadors for Honda 😛
That sounds like you haven't been to a dealer to try to get it addressed yet. That is step one. If you get static at the dealer, call Honda corporate's customer relations line. They MUST perform warranty repairs or they can have their franchise pulled. Dealers do NOT get to decide what is covered and what isn't. They have to follow Honda's guidelines for what is covered and Honda pays the dealer for the repair. There is no excuse for a dealer not repairing items that are under warranty.

·
Registered
252 Posts
As soon as I get mine back from DynoJet I have a design in mind. It's going to be along the lines of the Honda + model screen but shaped differently and clear or possibly carbon. It's not so much a screen for air deflection or rider protection but more for protection for the clocks. If it's simple enough to produce I'll get a short run of the brackets, fixings and screens made up.

·
Registered
178 Posts
As soon as I get mine back from DynoJet I have a design in mind. It's going to be along the lines of the Honda + model screen but shaped differently and clear or possibly carbon. It's not so much a screen for air deflection or rider protection but more for protection for the clocks. If it's simple enough to produce I'll get a short run of the brackets, fixings and screens made up.
Sounds interesting Crispy. Can't wait to see it

1 - 20 of 135 Posts