Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone remember this concept from the Tokyo show last year?

According to MCN Honda are considering actually building the bike, which is powered by a retuned Goldwing engine. Me likey!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I just like diluting opinions by using one of my HYSTERICALLY funny quips!! ;)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Fordzoid said:
I just like diluting opinions by using one of my HYSTERICALLY funny quips!! ;)
:rollin :rollin

:bs

·
Registered
320 Posts
I think it looks like the bastard son of a Buell and a Rocket 3.

In truth I don't know whether I like it or not. A retuned Wing engine? How retuned? I'm sure it'll pull a train, just not sure I can see the point. As a 6 it'll be expensive and will have no more power than the CB1000R and very possibly less. So it makes no sense from a power perspective. As a style idea possibly it makes sense but it will certainly only sell to a very limited market. Perhaps it's just Honda showing off again?

It's certainly a bike that will divide opinions

Jerry

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Buzzwagon said:
Perhaps it's just Honda showing off again?
That does sound very likely. Honda describe it as a Pride Fighter which apparently means that if you buy it then you have Pride. What kind of pride exactly I don't know as this doesn't make any sense to me. Who buys a bike that they're not proud of? I think the point is that it's a bike for posing on; for making an expression if you will. Personally I love the looks, especially the wheels, though they look heavy to me.

I agree with what you're saying about the engine too. Since it's only a concept then I'd be surprised if there is even actually an engine in there, and the Goldwing engine is only 2 valves per cylinder isn't it? That said, I've heard that Honda are redeveloping the engine and it may go DOHC 4 valve per cylinder soon, which obviously gives it more chance of being tuned for performance, and at 1.8 litre there's plenty of scope for high BHP and torque.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one to see what comes of it, and yes, it's bound to be very expensive. The latest is that it has an automatic gearbox and - like the DN-01 - it has controls to override the automatic gear change. That's done by buttons on the left bar though and if you notice there's no clutch lever.

I just think the bike looks so interesting

·
Registered
876 Posts
That would be daft, how could a bike possibly be gay?

I think he's reffering to those who like the look of it :evil

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe we should be considering past bike purchases. Hands up everyone with a Fazer... you're not qualified to comment on good taste and design :taunt2

·
Registered
145 Posts
SeeBeeThou said:
So you're saying a 6-cylinder 1.8litre bike is gay Ross?

Not at all, Ant

I don’t see anything gay at all. In fact I did not use the word of even imply anything the sort in my previous post.
I the point I was trying to make is that Glenn and the EVO6 make a good couple.

enough said...

·
Registered
145 Posts
SeeBeeThou said:
Maybe we should be considering past bike purchases. Hands up everyone with a Fazer... you're not qualified to comment on good taste and design :taunt2

someone put something other than milk in your cheerios this morning, Ant?

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Danna Banana said:
someone put something other than milk in your cheerios this morning, Ant?
Yeah. It looked like milk, but it sure didn't taste like milk :sick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts