Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen this. Looks like a cosmetic update only. Matt white though for 2013 :notme
MCB1020133WA.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
Is that it ? - You have got to be kidding me. :thumbdown

4 years plus in production.

Come on Honda give us more than a face lift, how about a decent upgraded version.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is all they're showing so far. The Repsol Blade looks awesome though. Something about the latest Blade that just suits the colour scheme :thumbup

It is about time the CB1000R had a bit more of an upgrade than just a different position-lamp LED cluster (preferred the original anyway) and some different colours scattered around. But then, if it's not a major seller for Honda, why would they bother upgrading it while times are hard? I still stand by what I've always said though, and think that the best upgrade for the bike (which I think still looks awesome by the way) would be a bit more power (not a lot, doesn't make sense on a naked, but 10-20hp would be nice and keep it competitive), improved suspension, and the eCBS/ABS option from the CBRs. But how many times have we had this conversation? ;)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Darn....I was hoping for a remodel as well. There hasn't even been any info on the 2013 Honda's here stateside. I wonder if we will even see the CB1000R for 2013 in the US? Our market is rumored to be getting a CBR500 and CB500 so who knows.......and the gold looks crap.

·
Administrator
4,048 Posts
...I'm not really into the matt finishes - matt black doesn't do much for me - most I would go for is a carbon finish - only upgrade path I reckon would be to move to the 999 motor but with it retuned for even more monster mid-range and maybe bigger brakes (and as suggested enhanced ABS systems)? - but with the 998 engine so proven and still rattling out of the same old molds / casts and machine tools, I reckon there would only need to be slight bodywork revisions and maybe a switch to VFR style wheels to qualify as a new revised model for Honda...

The face lift on the Hornet has been minor and beneath it all it's still the 2007 bike...recession led bike development ! It works though and from what you guys say here , works well !

·
Registered
228 Posts
Must admit I was hoping at some point that honda would bring out a version to compete with 'Ducati Street Fighter S', 'Triumph Speed Triple R', and the ' Apprilia Tuono' etc as I think Honda are a little behind when it comes to the most popular sporty nakeds. They may start to lose a few customers as sporty nakeds are becoming more and more popular. Its suprising how many folk i've come across that have given up their race machines for a quick naked.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Please remember if they bring out an upgraded bike the value of the current ones will drop through the floor

·
Administrator
4,048 Posts
Must admit I was hoping at some point that honda would bring out a version to compete with 'Ducati Street Fighter S', 'Triumph Speed Triple R', and the ' Aprilia Tuono' etc as I think Honda are a little behind when it comes to the most popular sporty nakeds. They may start to lose a few customers as sporty nakeds are becoming more and more popular. Its suprising how many folk i've come across that have given up their race machines for a quick naked.
I must say I agree with that, although the Honda is very fuss free - I reckon only the S'Triple is as 'hands-off' maint wise out of the box - CB1000R new prices still seem very high indeed for what you get (price of a brand new small car) - Honda motor has to be the sweetest of the lot though ?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Aprilla too fickle fz1 too big duke streetfighter too dear to run triple looks like it not finished or a sportsbike that's been crashed think the new naked BMW will be the daddy when it comes out we all could of bought the others but we didn't nuff said

·
Registered
364 Posts
Oh yeah bandit too old and z1000 fast but ugly cb might not the most powerful but no matter who you talk too and what bike they ride most wish there bike had more power

·
Registered
407 Posts
more power ... not sure if i'm that bothered about more horses on a NAKED to be honest!, 150mph is fast enough for old b******s like me, and 0-60 or 0-100 isnt too bad either,
Honda must still be happy with sales and the look of the bike to think "if it works why mess with it" ..
its a gret looking bike (still like the look of mine 2 and a half years after i got it!)...

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
:stupid just what you said marko - nothing wrong with my bike either.

I can't explain it but after a while you just seem to "get used to it" and want a bit of a change.

I would be more than happy with another CB but with a bit more "edge".

·
Registered
364 Posts
Dealer offered me £5300 part ex today for my 1 year old cb which now retails at £9400 so I will be keeping mine even we buy any bike offered me more there's making a living and then there's robbery without the violence

1 - 20 of 20 Posts