Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My eldest son has just passed his driving test first time. First feelings of great pride :clap Now feelings of great age :banghead . lol.

·
Administrator
3,655 Posts
Congrats to your lad squidger - now feelings of empty pockets when he taps you for a sub for his first car :cry

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
mel b said:
Congrats to your lad squidger - now feelings of empty pockets when he taps you for a sub for his first car :cry
Oh yes, know how that feels, 2 of them still owe me for their cars :cry
Well done Squidger jnr :clap

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mel b said:
Thanks for that. Luckily we made him save up most of his life and he was able to buy an 03 corsa a few months ago. Insurance is almost what the car costs but he had money for that as well so no worries. Next years insurance/road tax/petrol will prob be bank of mum and dad though.

Worse thing is he's gone out loads and it hasn't worried us but tonight he's out in his car and I can't believe how worried we are. I suppose it's natural.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blimey those are expensive quotes. My son did get a quote of £5800 but that was to drive my car. He ended up paying £1150 with Admiral multicar and that's fully comp too so well pleased when you consider most other companies want £2500 third party.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts