Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've noticed on many photos posted in this forum, you've received a dedicated maintanance / service stand for the bike. As I am still awaiting for the delivery of my bike I checked with general importer if I am supposed to receive such a stand as well together with the deliveried bike... the answer is tough "NO!!!".
This was an individual action undertaken locally by some general importers of Honda in their respective countries (Italy, UK - not for sure here), however - where is the hint here...
After some talks I am in plus some Euros on the final price of the bike :cool
... what seems to be not so bad for the value of the stand... so those who didn't get the bike yet - n-e-g-o-t-i-a-t-e ! ;)

Good luck!

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
It was offered to the first 999 CB1000R owners in Italy, yes, but not for us here. The guys who have it also say that it's a bit unstable. There are actually a whole load of stands that are already suitable too, and the inner diameter of the rear axle has been measured at 29mm, so any stand suitable for this size should be OK

·
Registered
18 Posts
From a novice who has never used a stand on a single-side arm bike, From the pictures I have, I can only see the hole in the centre of the wheel that seems to have a cap in it, is the axle hollow on the sprocket side as well so the bike can be lifted from this side allowing the wheel to come off? :notme

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Dunno personally, but why would it need to be? You only support it from the sprocket side. The only reason it goes right through is so that you can bolt the wheel to the stand where necessary

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, you are right. Unless you want to remove chain and sprocket easily with the bike supported, I guess. Thanks for the info. :thumbup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts