Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lowering front foot pegs , i have a knee problem. so any idea if i can lower the pegs just an inch or so.
i like the position of them now, but after 30 /40 miles my knee locks up. as any one here done it .
if i cant solve it i will just have to have more stops,

·
Registered
60 Posts
hi me to on the lowering pegs i checked the shifter rod yesterday and they is plenty off thread left on it to go up or down on the gear side anyway..i think there is only couple off cm on the brake side i came across on another link on here though but im not %100 sure on that..
anyone else know on the brake side in mm or cm..these will be ok i think i have tried them before on another bike but had to get custom link rod made longer but i am sure you will be ok on the cb i think.. i dont know if i will fit mine till nexst spring just hope santa get me some for xmas:D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLUE-CNC...974869?hash=item4b16e9e695:g:v~EAAOSwG2tZ6WSr

or these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-CN...724138?hash=item2c7bbfbc2a:g:PG0AAOSws6ZaBX0p

you can also get 40mm but that will be to much i think..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They look worth a go thanks for that. i might even try 40mm. because they are adjustable. a good winter project. if you do it, be good to see your photos,

·
Registered
60 Posts
hi just to double check if you go for 40mm you would have to check the rear brake pedal adjustment i think.will it go that far down to be below or at least level with the rear brake pedal i am not to sure. like i say i think it will go only 10mm down and 20mm up but not 100% sure on that check it first? if you go for it let me know i may go for 40mm instead off 25mm...spring for me before i get round to it at least. good look...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought the pegs etc yes there is adjustment for the gear lever but not much for the brake level so only lowered mine by an inch - still made a lot of difference to comfort levels. So 40mm may not work without getting a shorter rod for the brake.

·
Registered
60 Posts
yeah the pegs are good tried them on other bikes before they are well made and priced know import charges to pay.. im with ericatase on this one. im still not sure on the 40mm its the back brake adjustment..i have taken photo off how 40mm would look for the rear brake setting without adjustment to the rear brake to the top off peg if fitted..and these pegs look better to me same quailty just cost bit more just pick between 25mm and 40mm in listing.. to be honest i am waiting for someone else to try 40mm and see how they fit before i dive in and go for 40mm or i will settle for 25mm and play safe..let us know how you get on if you go for 40mm or anyone else - good look..

Auto part Vehicle Tire Brake Wheel

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Ri...733015?hash=item4b1741c357:g:hq8AAOSw6~VZydyE

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes i,d like to try the 40mm.only inch&half, Roughly what importy duty would you pay on a £35.00 item.i have no idea. i cant try it yet my bike is not at my place. what is that an extention coming down off your standard peg. on photo above

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi ivorclue,

have you bought yet??? i have blue pegs x2 pairs, they do not have lowering adaptor but the pegs are not something i want???
Blue Product Cobalt blue Plastic

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi C,B. They look prety good, thanks i aprectiate your offer, but want to try to get lowering ones, but it wont stop me riding the bike if i cant. it will be just somthing to do , i.v done every other thing posible on the bike.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi
The issue with the 40mm and the brake pedal is down to the length of the rod going into the piston I bought some a while back for a BMW and they came with a shorter rod, 25 mm made a real difference for me - much more comfortable but still need to stop after an hour, 35 year old attitude, 66 year old much battered body!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i am only 3 years behind you in years.and very battered, yes the brake side seems the more difficult. i might get the 25mm to see if that will do trick,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts