Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone, I was out riding the other day and was coming off a dirt road to pavement , and began to accelerate when the bike slide out on me 15-20km. I did not have any frame sliders on the bike, I broke the handle bar end, scratched the alternator cover on the motor, broke the sifter and foot peg. I also scraped up the cap nut on the rear tyre hub assembly really good. I ordered all the parts , my question is do you think that there would have been any damage to the frame? I drove it home and to seemed to be fine. Also the cap nut on the rear hub, can I just remove it and put the new one on, or is stuff going to come apart if I take it off? Thanks

·
Registered
887 Posts
Unlikely frame bent at those speeds. Not impossible, but not likely. Look for any visible damage. If none found, your frame is most likely good to go.

The rest sounds repairable. I'm no expert in this, but I have a lot of been there done that moments. I think your bike is fine, and all easily replaceable/fixable.

·
Administrator
4,047 Posts
Cap nut on rear hub is secured I recall with a depression I think on the thread or the nut itself, which acts like a securing pin - you have to flatten this ( workshop manual refers ) - then undo the nut and replace, torque and reverse the above re-securing the nut on the hub thread...don't have the manual to hand at the mo' but others should confirm - all doable with right tools and nothing will fall off when dealing just with this part...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just lowsided on the left too, was much faster than you about 60-70km/h but i went right into mud, so i have less damage, I have no idea if the frame is bent, but im going to repair it as best as i can at this point since i didnt report it to insurance... (maybe i should have) i rode it home and am hoping for the best, honestly im just happy im alive...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts