Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

My CB1R sounds like it has an engine rattle when at low revs (1-2k) like noisy tappets on a car. the noise goes when the engine is revved, any ideas? (the bikes only done 6k and has a full service history).

·
Registered
186 Posts
Have you check all the exhaust shields to ensure nothing is loose, actually check any connection to the engine as the low revs coul dbe causing a vibration from hitting the righ frequency...just a lame guess...

·
Premium Member
4,583 Posts
Got any oil in it. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers gents, just had a service Jon.f so full of oil. ill check all bolts etc when i get in but it sounds more engine rattle than something external rattling.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My bike does the same thing only at low rpm. it is definately a valve rattle. In my opinion its octane related. the highest octane available around here outta the pump is 93. i tried some race gas(116 octane) and the noise went away. i can live with the low rpm valve rattle on pump gas, im not gonna spend $16.75/gal to get rid of it.

·
Administrator
4,048 Posts
...mine has a bit of a slight tappety sound at almost dead on 3k revs - ok below , fine above - just an engine foible ! Power and drive are fine , no tickover noises, no backlash noises when revving - engines are noisy as they have pistons and rotating valves etc and I think some will just be naturally more noisy than others - if in doubt check the valve clearances etc - the Hornet did the same thing but still going strong !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts