Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Honda CB1000R // SC80 // Silver
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang

I bought a pair of V-TREC Vario 3 levers for my SC80.
They were supposed to have a decent adjustability – but upon trying to install them, the levers (FOR sc80) already didn‘t fit. Problem being the design and screws getting hung up on parts of the controls.

Now, I do love the idea of adjustable lever length (since I want to experiment and not yet settle on a 2 or 4 finger lever) and I definitely – DEFINITELY – want to experiment with clutch play and actuation point.

You guys got any advice which levers are good? Which one‘s are you using? Share some pics and knowledge?

(PS: The V-TREC ones did not only lack in „design“ or „fitting“ but also were eloxed (colored) so badly, you could tell it‘s not the same badge. One part was titanium, one silver, one almost purple … twas bad!)

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
544 Posts
If you don't have the Honda quick shifter, get one and forget about an aftermarket clutch lever.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hahaha … I first read „get one forged“ … I mean … that‘s a bit much, init? :-D
Yeah, no, I do have a quickshie. Which actually makes it even harder to set actuation points for the clutch since you can shift anyways and don‘t really feel if the clutch was fully disengaged or not.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update.

After the V-TREC turned out to be total dog poop and (elox was ridiculous, its own screws were in the way of using the lever properly etc) I switched to a northern German brand: LSL Ergonia.

Gotta say, they are TOP NOTCH! Beautifully machined, absolutely perfectly finished, not a single burr or something, just … STUNNING!

Unfortunately, even with the "closest" setting, I have to reach a bit to use them when riding. Which I am quite nervous about. You should never have to REACH for your brake.

So, long story short: They look like the bees tits, are adjustable in every way (even length of the lever) and come in over 300 color combinations. BUT … if you have shorter fingers, you might have to find some others.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Update.

After the V-TREC turned out to be total dog poop and (elox was ridiculous, its own screws were in the way of using the lever properly etc) I switched to a northern German brand: LSL Ergonia.

Gotta say, they are TOP NOTCH! Beautifully machined, absolutely perfectly finished, not a single burr or something, just … STUNNING!

Unfortunately, even with the "closest" setting, I have to reach a bit to use them when riding. Which I am quite nervous about. You should never have to REACH for your brake.

So, long story short: They look like the bees tits, are adjustable in every way (even length of the lever) and come in over 300 color combinations. BUT … if you have shorter fingers, you might have to find some others.
I installed Brembo and the setup is great.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you able to keep the brake lever covered with at least one finger while riding?
Yes, I can. But do you know this weird flitch in the joint when you try to bend your finger? That’s basically what’s happening when I ride for longer. (Sorry for late reply)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts