Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked her up yesterday. Dealer says LED light might be changed in UK as it appears BLUE !!!!
200 miles, too damp to do justice to the tyres. Faaaast. Easy to ride but hydraulic clutch takes a bit of getting used to. Zero wind protection on motorway but we knew that anyway. Everything else positive except trying to read speedo with dark visor.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Hydrolic clutch no issue from me, but have traded in a S2R1000 Monster so my left hand has its own biceps.

Glad your enjoying.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Hi Giggity, welcome back! Been away for a month! :hello

The only thing that I found I needed to get used to with the hydraulic clutch was not having to put so much damn effort in through my left hand. I always thought the Hornets was far too heavy for town work, and as it didn't have the torque it meant I was forever changing gear. The CBs I find to be beautiful in comparison.

Do you mean the LED position lamp being blue? I did wonder about that; isn't it illegal for anything other than emergency services to have blue lights on UK roads? I didn't notice at all until I started her up at night and went around the front for a pic. Unfortunately the headlight was far too bright for my camera phone to deal with and my camera has no batteries at the moment so couldn't capture anything, but yeah, it's definitely blue (as far as my colour blind eyes can see)

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
It can't be bluer than the very blue xenon lights popping up on all newer cars! Are xenon lights also illegal in the UK?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts