Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a HID kit for my CB1000R, but i stumbled across LED H4 hi/low bulbs.
They sit between hids and upgraded halogen bulbs in brightness
easier to install, as they just plug and play like a stock bulb.
The only downside is they have a big heat sink at the back of the bulb.

https://www.amazon.com/YITAMOTOR-White-Motorcycle-Headlight-6500K/dp/B01AD7LTS6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1509097055&sr=8-3&keywords=led+h4+hi+low

has any one fitted one to their CB1000R ?
Can any one advise how much room is behind the head light unit? I'm currently working abroad so cant go and look myself.

Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
I fitted the Nighteye H4's. I was quite impressed with them for LED replacements, they're certainly brighter than standard and have a good beam pattern. Even passed its last MOT test with them in.
Had it in a few months and all is well. They don't have a tiny fan to go wrong.
You can't have high and low beams on together however, like when hold the pass switch for example. The low beams shut off when you do that but it's no biggie.
The high beam isn't any brighter, it just raises the beam to light up further down the road.

May be a little more expensive than the ones you listed because they come as a pair.
BTW read the fitting instructions :) The 3 pronged ring twists off, you fit the rubber seal, refit the ring, install.
The heatsink isn't much larger than the original plug so they fit nicely. Just a matter of tucking the wiring into the back of the headlight unit.

There's a few types listed as Nighteye H4, these are the ones I fitted!
Link to Amazon.com
s-l500.jpg
IMG_4158.JPG

·
Registered
34 Posts
I fitted the Nighteye H4's. I was quite impressed with them for LED replacements, they're certainly brighter than standard and have a good beam pattern. Even passed its last MOT test with them in.
You can't have high and low beams on together however, like when hold the pass switch for example. The low beams shut off when you do that but it's no biggie.
The high beam isn't any brighter, it just raises the beam to light up further down the road.

May be a little more expensive than the ones you listed because they come as a pair.
BTW read the fitting instructions :) The 3 pronged ring twists off, you fit the rubber seal, refit the ring, install.
The heatsink isn't much larger then the original plug so they fit nicely. Just a matter of tucking the wiring into the back of the headlight unit.

Link to Amazon.com
View attachment 40081
View attachment 40089
Why is it that with a bottle of red and a scroll through the forum always ends in me clicking buy on ebay and amazon.......... got some nighteyes on the way!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The heatsink isn't much larger then the original plug so they fit nicely. Just a matter of tucking the wiring into the back of the headlight unit.

Link to Amazon.com
View attachment 40081
View attachment 40089
Thank you Jonsky7 :)
just the feed back i was looking for

i have ordered a set as per your recommendation, i look forward to getting them fitted to the bike.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Fitted the LED bulbs over the weekend, took about 10 mins tops.

very easy, i am very happy with them
Really glad you like them, would have been a bit embarrassing if you'd said they were crap after I'd recommended them :p

(Though I don't think I'd recommend them for a car, bit of interference through the radio apparently, judging by reports)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks jonsky7. I fitted these exact bulbs over the weekend and tested it out last night as well. Very easy to fit. Just follow jonsky7's instructions. I love it. Definitely brighter than stock. Had cars moving away as i approached. I originally fitted them upside down but it was an easy fix. Highly recommended.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Welcome to the forum megacher.---:D

I hope those cars MOVING AWAY weren't disappearing into a ditch to avoid those Super bright lights.---------------:laugh

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You wont regret it Rumblefish,
lights the road up nicely.
followed a few friends and they say it makes the bike very viable,

·
Registered
153 Posts
I noticed a previous posted had mentioned putting them in "upside down" initially...How can I tell which is the correct way? The instructions don't say.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i did that as well , the beam pattern was really far away from the bike. and there was a dark patch in front of the bike. turned the bulb around and it sorted it out.

the bulb has two sides, one has a metal bracket on the end to direct the light, ill check when i get home from work, which position the metal bracket is in.

·
Registered
153 Posts
yea i did that as well , the beam pattern was really far away from the bike. and there was a dark patch in front of the bike. turned the bulb around and it sorted it out.

the bulb has two sides, one has a metal bracket on the end to direct the light, ill check when i get home from work, which position the metal bracket is in.
Thank you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The forward 3 leds have a little silver "cup", make sure the cup is under the leds when mounted.

The leds at the front, non connector end, are the low beam. Some of the light hits the cup and goes up, bounces off the reflector onto the ground in front of you.

Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts

The heatsink isn't much larger than the original plug so they fit nicely. Just a matter of tucking the wiring into the back of the headlight unit.

Link to Amazon.com
View attachment 40081
View attachment 40089
I just had a read of the bulb details on that link you gave. Part of the description was this below---

• Cooling System
Uses a fine copper heat pipe cooling solution to tranfer the heat from LED to the heat sink.
Assembles a fast rotating fan in the bottom of the light body to make sure the heat can be tranfer to air rapidly.

Have I read it correctly as you say--No Fan ??

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
They use a passive radiator, Col. No fan.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts