Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd start this thread so we can see who's interested + to get off the unrelated thread of LATE's. Will come up with some dates later but if people have a preference please put it down here.
:beer Paul

·
Premium Member
4,583 Posts
Not between 3rd--10th Aug and when its raining :D

·
Administrator
7,108 Posts
Thought I'd start this thread so we can see who's interested + to get off the unrelated thread of LATE's. Will come up with some dates later but if people have a preference please put it down here.
:beer Paul
Nice one mate :thumbup , I'd suggest before the schools break up for summer hols again as the roads are far less congested.
So suggestion 1 - How about the last week in May ? :)

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Nice one mate :thumbup , I'd suggest before the schools break up for summer hols again as the roads are far less congested.
So suggestion 1 - How about the last week in May ? :)
Hi Dave,

You might want to double check the half term dates. In Surrey, the last week of May is half term week and the Monday is a Bank Holiday. The last week of May could be busy with tourists :)

·
Administrator
7,108 Posts
Hi Dave,

You might want to double check the half term dates. In Surrey, the last week of May is half term week and the Monday is a Bank Holiday. The last week of May could be busy with tourists :)
:book:emb Oops, yes you're quite right Julian. :)
Right, I suggest anytime between the 3rd of June and the 19th of July. [That's when the schools finish for summer hols]. :)

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:book:emb Oops, yes you're quite right Julian. :)
Right, I suggest anytime between the 3rd of June and the 19th of July. [That's when the schools finish for summer hols]. :)
agree with these dates, I will have to avoid one of the weekends in June (can't remember which one at the mo) as I am taking the Missus for a birthday treat ;)

·
Administrator
7,108 Posts
You lot pick a week and I'll book the time off to suit. :)

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How about week beginning 8th July and covering the weekend of 13/14th? If that weekend no good then cover the previous one and return some time afterwards.

·
Administrator
7,108 Posts
Sounds good to me. :thumbup

·
Administrator
7,108 Posts

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Right, have a look at last years link for places to stay: http://www.hondacb1000r.com/forums/events/8903-kornwall-part-3-meet-event-sun-8th-july-fri-13th-july-2012-a.html
if it worked last year we can do the same, i.e. travel up on a Sunday (7th July) and come back on the following Friday (12th) or do people want to cover a weekend just in case they can't get the time off work: travel down Saturday (8th) and come back on the 11th. Either way it will be 5 nights or only 1 if staying Sat night.
As before are there going to be any campers or will we all be B&Bing it?

Names so far:

Blow
Dave H (obviously got himself his own pad)
Gargoyle
CB_1000_R
Giggity
LATE (1 day poss)
reeseyboy
FBG (poss)
jon.f ?

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
Right, have a look at last years link for places to stay: http://www.hondacb1000r.com/forums/events/8903-kornwall-part-3-meet-event-sun-8th-july-fri-13th-july-2012-a.html
if it worked last year we can do the same, i.e. travel up on a Sunday (7th July) and come back on the following Friday (12th) or do people want to cover a weekend just in case they can't get the time off work: travel down Saturday (8th) and come back on the 11th. Either way it will be 5 nights or only 1 if staying Sat night.

Names so far:

Blow
Gargoyle
Jon.f
CB_1000_R
Giggity
Due to other commitments, if I come it will be one night on the weekend. (Running out of holidays).

·
Registered
1,985 Posts

Names so far:

Blow
Gargoyle
CB_1000_R
Giggity
LATE (1 day poss)
reeseyboy
FBG (poss)
jon.f ?
I'll come on the "Spirited Ride" day, appy to camp or B&B (2 nights/1 day), but would prefer different accomadation to last year :thumbup

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
I really really recommend biker b&b.. Kathy, Phil and family are really really lovely. Pub walking distance... 5 mins. They are closed one week and i can look into this as they are climbing ben nevis...

I need to check those dates but july is pretty busy with a monkeyrun and bsb off the top of my head...

But ya never know i might squeak a day or two down there with ya's

1 - 20 of 234 Posts