Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rocketship. Hundred pounds lighter than the super tenere and fifty horsepower more. I love it. Its beautiful. The fit and finish is remarkable. Its quite a bit different than the yamaha. Handles awesome. Little froggier becuz its lighter and shorter but will get used to it. It seems faster becuz of no fairing and windscreen. I cant believe i got it as quickly as i did.

·
Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
4,052 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Rocketship. Hundred pounds lighter than the super tenere and fifty horsepower more....
Welcome Rocketman

The CB1000R #108 (49 kg) less than the Yam
Font Circle Number Parallel Publication Font Material property Parallel Number Paper

The difference in power at street speed is less than minuscule, at best.

(y)It's is going to take much longer to learn to ride it with lots of skill...
Man! UR talkin' thru your hat.

Driving the 263 kg (with empty bags) Yam on fire trails or (very) light off-road
takes some skills, luck AND a fair amount of brute force.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Vehicle
You pick her up once,
maybe twice after you sit next to the beached whale and wait.

The CB1000R, old school Honda, easy-peasy
skill needed: same as wearing old carpet slippers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amen to all of that. Street speeds running through traffic is super fun. Put along in fifth or sixth and its magical. I cant get over how nimble it is. The super ten is an arm wrestling match compared to the cb. Also gotta get used to the forward seating position. Shoulders were a bit tired after the first rides. The sound of the inline four plus the smoothness is also quite pleasing. The super ten is more like a ups truck. Utility compared to thoroughbred.

·
Registered
2021 CB1000R ABS BLACK EDITION
109 Posts
Amen to all of that. Street speeds running through traffic is super fun. Put along in fifth or sixth and its magical. I cant get over how nimble it is. The super ten is an arm wrestling match compared to the cb. Also gotta get used to the forward seating position. Shoulders were a bit tired after the first rides. The sound of the inline four plus the smoothness is also quite pleasing. The super ten is more like a ups truck. Utility compared to thoroughbred.
I read on the site, you can increase the bar height to a maximum of 20mm handlebar riser, without having to change any cables. You could give that a try, if you find leaning in, hurts your shoulders after some while of riding.
Here is a link of the person that tried it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts