Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That I really can't wait for the riding season to kick off.... I'm mucho excited about the summer ahead.

OK the weather is still a bit crappy but as we get through February things will improve, I guess we should all start thinking about arrangements for the "Summer of Fun 08"

After a fairly wet summer last year I hope we'll have months of warm, long, riding days.

So lets do a bit of brainstorming... if you have any idea's of a good location to head to for a days rideout or any favoured routes please let us all know.... they can be any where you, by the summer I'm expecting we'll have many more members right across the UK and beyond. :thumbup
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard of it... but isn't it way up north where it's cold and grim? :p ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,186 Posts
:twofin No, it's in the midlands (OK, so it's north to you) and it's surrounded by some of the best biking roads in the UK. It's also almost permanently full of bikers. It's just where bikers go
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
SeeBeeThou said:
:twofin No, it's in the midlands (OK, so it's north to you) and it's surrounded by some of the best biking roads in the UK. It's also almost permanently full of bikers. It's just where bikers go


Matlock Bath is another historic tourist village in the Derbyshire Peak District – a mecca for photographers, bird watchers and geriatric types with handicapped placards displayed in their windscreens, not bikers. The area offers a few museums and some amusements! Matlock Bath even has a cable car to take you up to the famous Heights of Abraham for a wonderful view. Most of the local merchants, restaurateurs, and innkeepers favour the BMW/ Mercedes Benz type of clientele over bikers.
With it being in the Peaks District it is usually clogged with car traffic at the weekend, especially when the weather is nice…not to mention a strong police presence on the roads in the area!

I'll take the roads of Kent, Essex or Wales over the Peaks District any day.

Ah me thinks we have been spoiled!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Myself... I like Sussex to ride in... it's close to my home and it's just nice trundling through quaint little villages down to the coast....

I was last in the Peak District about 10 years ago and there was some beautiful scenery... I was riding at the time so didn't consider the roads from a bikers perspective really.... from what I remember it was quite hilly and the stone walls everywhere would be interesting if you had a "moment".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
DAN said:
Myself... I like Sussex to ride in... it's close to my home and it's just nice trundling through quaint little villages down to the coast....

I was last in the Peak District about 10 years ago and there was some beautiful scenery... I was riding at the time so didn't consider the roads from a bikers perspective really.... from what I remember it was quite hilly and the stone walls everywhere would be interesting if you had a "moment".
I was in the Peak District last summer and from my experience a "moment" most likely would occur only during filtering.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,186 Posts
Danna Banana said:
Matlock Bath is ... a mecca for photographers, bird watchers and geriatric types with handicapped placards displayed in their windscreens, not bikers.
Methinks you should go again and check out the sheer number of bikes there. Numbers that vastly outnumber any you find at many organised meets, and these are bikers who just go because they want to, not because there's anything organised there. And yes, it's a nice place to visit anyway. It's also a stone's throw from Buxton and Macclesfield, which means that the Cat And Fiddle is that way too :D :thumbup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Ah, the Cat and Fiddle, there's a great site showing the run to that pub, see if I can find it later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
Matlock Bath? Cat and Fiddle?

They're just Box Hill without Rykas for Northerners!! :rollin

Dan I posted a couple of rideout ideas on BH and will be sorting them both if I can!

Jerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
That's the one mate, well worth taking the photo tour, looks like excellent biking roads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Not as good as Wales though ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,186 Posts
Not spent much time in Wales, just when we went from Bristol to the Pembrey area (forget exactly what it's called, but we were near the track). We were supposed to stay there for a week but we got bored and left half way through the week :|
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top