Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome to the group, and congrats on your new NCS, Hamburglar687! I read thru your post inquiring about heated grips, hope you are able to sort thru all the leads and accomplish your goal. Back when I commuted every day on an R1100RT, I found the heated grips on that bike indispensible.

·
Registered
'21 CB1000R
102 Posts
The thing about heated grips...they don't do a thing for the outside of your hands. :)
I was riding my Concours in 28*F weather, and the heated grips were nice for a while, but then the cold penetrated my gloves and started freezing my knuckles off! I'm thinking heated gloves might be the right answer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The thing about heated grips...they don't do a thing for the outside of your hands. :)
I was riding my Concours in 28*F weather, and the heated grips were nice for a while, but then the cold penetrated my gloves and started freezing my knuckles off! I'm thinking heated gloves might be the right answer.
Back home in Kansas (in the '90s) I could stay out all day in mid-20s temps. By dressing properly and using a Gerbing electric vest and electric gloves, riding an H-D FLHS (predecessor to the Road King) with a 'police style' windshield.
Down here in New Mexico the winters aren't that harsh, and I no longer commute, so I don't hafta be out in those temps. I can ride down into low 30s with my deerskin gloves.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
1,002 Posts
Motorcycle Helmet Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
824 Posts

·
Registered
2013 CB100R White
1,753 Posts
dude, handguards. not perfect, but certainly extend the comfort range. without wires, etc...

Acerbis Dual-road. I think no longer available, but plenty of other options.

Bicycle Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Vehicle

Jeans Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire

1 - 12 of 12 Posts