Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know quite a few people have this can fitted so if connecting with kat in place
will it need powercomander fitting.I have read some posts on exhaust but as i am waiting for my Ixil
to arrive i am hoping some one who knows more about this than myself can confirm...
Also if you have the can is there any notable difference other than noise,i.e fuel consumption ,,performance..
Thanks,,Dave.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
BrutusFureus said:
I know quite a few people have this can fitted so if connecting with kat in place
will it need powercomander fitting.I have read some posts on exhaust but as i am waiting for my Ixil
to arrive i am hoping some one who knows more about this than myself can confirm...
Also if you have the can is there any notable difference other than noise,i.e fuel consumption ,,performance..
Thanks,,Dave.
fuel consumption is about same,
as long as the lambda sensor is srill in you will not need to fit a PC. the mixter is adjusted automatically.
performance did not change on mine

gedspeed

·
Registered
347 Posts
I found the power delivery better, it seems smoother.
Also getting rid of 5-6 kg of weight from the old can helps too.
No PC needed, just slide on the new one and your off, the noise is great, its been a couple of months since I put mine on and I am still loving it.

Enjoy :thumbup

·
Registered
35 Posts
fitted mine a few days ago, bought it second hand off roofer and no problems what so ever.
done what someone else did and black high temp painted the cat which was now on display. runs and sounds luverley :yay

·
Registered
141 Posts
I fitted mine soon after getting my bike just not loud anough for me with the standard pipe.
Had no trouble what so ever with fitting also painted the cat which seems to finish it off.
I removed the cat completely to paint it which added a bit of time.
Very happy with it price great to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts