Honda CB1000R Forum banner

Is everyone geared up for spring 2023 & serviced their machines ?

3K views 34 replies 8 participants last post by  KreativeKreature 
#1 ·
For those folks that do not ride during the winter months, are you ready for spring ? Approximately a month to go to get everything tuned up & ready to fly.

Do you or have you made any special plans to travel somewhere, do a road trip, try the race track and would like to share some details of some good twisties, roads, adventures planned etc hmm :unsure:

I will be going for a bike show this weekend - Motorcycle Shows – Toronto :cool:

#5 ·

wow! since when does a Honda CB1000RR feature an Akrapovic exhaust system? not even the SP, I think? so, a local dealer 'up-selling'?

( on delving deeper, I see this is the RR-R... and/or maybe the 30th anniversary edition of the Fireblade.... the dash after the second R represents the quick shifter in operation, I guess... :LOL: )

BTW, here's a fun sound comparison to stock:

#3 ·
For those folks that do not ride during the winter months, are you ready for spring ? Approximately a month to go to get everything tuned up & ready to fly.

Do you or have you made any special plans to travel somewhere, do a road trip, try the race track and would like to share some details of some good twisties, roads, adventures planned etc hmm :unsure:

I will be going for a bike show this weekend - Motorcycle Shows – Toronto :cool:
thinking of getting a non-perforated jacket for this coming winter ;)

Also thinking of Nitron R2, and MCCruise..

#12 ·
R1 adjustments are fixed to both ends of the shocks & can be hard to get to if requiring to adjust the settings ( Also note that you do not change the settings often, once you have got it right, for the street or track condition where most of the riding will be done )
vs
R2 has more flexibility at adjustments reach & also can be adjustment at each end individually. Nitron can tell you if you need additional tube if the additional fluid reservoir is a tight fit for different bike models. Also tuning and adjustment is very easy when required for different road conditions & can be adjusted on the fly without the need of tools.
Refer to this video here

Its nice to have the Woolichracing ECU for your model here :)

As for the headers I am not sure to go with a ARK or SC-P, as I already have a black titanium SC-Project SC-GP can.
I was thinking of SC Header here -

#14 · (Edited)
#17 ·
Must use a complete new wiring , clearance issue can be solved rotating the handlebar 3/4 degrees in drive direction.

#18 · (Edited)
way off topic now but...
only partial new wiring :) (wiring is easy). rotation would work but look weird, and still RH activation.
Will try to find a non-DCT Africa to measure, may be able to just use the switches for transplant.

Suspect will end up easier/neater to swap out the hazard and torque control switch on LHS block.
There is semi-decent real estate inside. could potentially even graft in aanother "select" switch as the acc/dec momentary..

A bit surprised that neither switch block or switches inside have any weather protection at all.
The highbeam switch has fully exposed contacts..
Camera lens Motor vehicle Camera accessory Cameras & optics Toy

also, 2019 DCT africa has 3 momentaty on RHS blockthat could also work :) (still the issue of RHS control)
Camera accessory Video camera Camera Cameras & optics Auto part

#19 ·
i have both version of AT1100 , can measure for you.

Reactions: oldcorollas
#23 ·
Anyone into Akrapovič or planning on upgrading to Akrapovič full exhaust ?

Igor Akrapovič showing one of his early creations - founded the company in 1991 in Slovenia. He was a former racer and had earned multiple championship titles during his 10-odd years in motorsport.

Sleeve Flash photography Gesture Style T-shirt

#24 ·
Thanks @Ghostrider.1127
Appreciate the offer for an internet random ;)

RHS= 30mm from throttle tube plastic. Probably 15mm clearance to tank
Gas Personal protective equipment Gun accessory Metal Automotive tire

Automotive tire Camera accessory Cameras & optics Audio equipment Font

LHS from bar metal =37mm, with about 12-13mm clearance to tank

Which switchblock types do you have?

This guy has done same sort of thing on a VFR1200X, using Africa twin RHS DCT switches to control aftermarket cruise control. But OEM CC paddle preferable

#26 ·
Firstly, let me say thank you
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Prev

R
Reynolds
Registered
Joined Nov 9, 2020
21 Posts
#21 · Feb 24, 2023

I'd rather be riding this COTA on that Grom...

SaveShare
Reply Quote
[IMG alt="KreativeKreature"]https://www.hondacb1000r.com/d1/avatars/m/11/11030.jpg?1619997510[/IMG]
KreativeKreature
Registered
Honda HA-420
Joined Apr 12, 2021
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · Feb 25, 2023

Reynolds said:
I'd rather be riding this COTA on that Grom...

View attachment 50920
I bet @Bevo was riding on this track when he was practicing on that GROM

I don't ride fast, I fly low & make convertibles jealous :p

SaveShare
Reply Quote
[IMG alt="KreativeKreature"]https://www.hondacb1000r.com/d1/avatars/m/11/11030.jpg?1619997510[/IMG]
KreativeKreature
Registered
Honda HA-420
Joined Apr 12, 2021
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · Feb 25, 2023

Anyone into Akrapovič or planning on upgrading to Akrapovič full exhaust ?

Igor Akrapovič showing one of his early creations - founded the company in 1991 in Slovenia. He was a former racer and had earned multiple championship titles during his 10-odd years in motorsport.

I don't ride fast, I fly low & make convertibles jealous :p

SaveShare
Reply Quote
[IMG alt="oldcorollas"]https://www.hondacb1000r.com/d1/avatars/m/9/9082.jpg?1591941182[/IMG]
oldcorollas
Registered
Joined Aug 22, 2018
646 Posts
#24 · Feb 25, 2023

Thanks @Ghostrider.1127
Appreciate the offer for an internet random ;)

RHS= 30mm from throttle tube plastic. Probably 15mm clearance to tank

Automotive tire Camera accessory Cameras & optics Audio equipment Font

LHS from bar metal =37mm, with about 12-13mm clearance to tank

Which switchblock types do you have?

This guy has done same sort of thing on a VFR1200X, using Africa twin RHS DCT switches to control aftermarket cruise control. But OEM CC paddle preferable

"Upgrade" to Africa Twin switch gear. - Lighting, Electrical, and Wiring - Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer
"Upgrade" to Africa Twin switch gear. - Lighting, Electrical, and Wiring - Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer
www.crosstourer.com
www.crosstourer.com

SaveShare
Reply Quote

KreativeKreature

Firstly, let me say thank you for 2 very interesting videos. As a UK guy I do like American Football, but after seeing this ladies game, WOW, I like it even more. As for the TT. Personally I would not have the courage, or indeed the ability to race the TT. My half brother on the other hand, Mac Hobson, raced it solo and then raced and won it twice riding the sidecars. Is it dangerous, most certainly it is. Is it worth it for the riders, I still think yes as I know how much my half brother loved racing there. Sadly in 1978 due to a known fault that had not been repaired on the road, Mac and the man in the chair, Kenny, crashed and died on Bray Hill. I like to think he rides with me still. I just wish I had his riding ability. 😎

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.