Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
I gotta say, this little bike looks like it's gonna have a HUGE fun factor!

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
That's pretty cool!! I wonder if its gonna be available here in the states?
Apparently, yes. Black or Red are coming here! I may not have a choice.... :p

·
Administrator
3,655 Posts
Looks like it's based on the pit bikes we get flying round the estate at night.

Definitely aimed at getting the young kids attracted to biking. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Where do I sign? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
they're like london buses :D

dont see an adminstrator post, then theres 3 in one thread :rolleyes:

Where the hell did they all come from ??????????????????????????????
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
3,927 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
That seems to be the story everywhere. Just got my call about an hour ago that mine came in. Been on a waiting list for several months now.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
My local had one for a day. Lotsa hype surrounding these bikes.

I really like them, but 3 grand for a baby bike? It looks crazy fun, but impractical unless you just plan to track with it.

How much is that thing going to suck in traffic? It's nimble, sure, but you won't be able to see and people REALLY aren't going to see you. Cagers don't see huge bikes, much less little ones. What about passing? What if I want to take the freeway across town? What is the Grom's top speed, btw?

Why does the crazy thing have a pillion and rear pegs? There is barely enough room for one ass, much less two! The extra pegs will be helpful for stunters, I imagine.

I would rather wait for the '14 CBR250Rs to come out and buy a left over '13 model for that kind of money and get WAY more bike for my buck and be able to carry a passenger without having my nuts squashed against the handlebars. If they made the Grom a grand cheaper, maybe I would get one as a toy. I may get a used one some day if the price is right. They look like great fun!

Thanks for the heads-up about the new forum.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
It's just simply fun! It's going to be more of a pit bike for me that I can throw in the race trailer or in the back of my truck and haul around easily. For me it's a really cheap street legal bike that I don't mind lending to a friend to putt around on or cruise the back streets with.

Between 65 mph and 70 mph is what people are seeing with these Groms depending on the riders size.

·
Registered
96 Posts
hi guys,

Ever since I saw this bike I knew I had to try one, so today I took one home for the weekend! You never know I may just have to buy it as my commuter tool and fun bike!

Honda MSX125 Grom

Rode it home the 21 miles from work and giggled all the time! Its draws soo much attention and its fun!

Surprisingly roomy for my 1.85m 98kg body! Engine pulls strong for a 125! Gearing is good, brakes fine and its soo light you ride it like a GP bike!

Will do a proper test ride tomorrow....

cant wait!

Reactions: 4Nines
1 - 20 of 24 Posts