Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Here is the Italian member, Roberto

The dealer said, 2 weeks ago: "Next week we'll get our first demo byke, then all the ordered ones will follow in another week or so." Last Thursday I passed in front of the dealer and it was there. A green one.
No documents, no user mnual yet, so I just could sit on it, kick the engine, listen to its low voice, watch the instruments (by the way, in the sunshine no blue glow is visible).

The impression, coming from my old VFR, is of a small byke. The handle bar is very close to you, the front wheel is just below you. The position recalls a supermotard.
Well, I'm counting days: this week they should get the documents, in order to get a numberplate, start the insurance and call us first buyers for a test drive. In the meantime, one or two weeks, our toys should arrive!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Roby, you're describing the exact feeling I had when I got my Hornet back from the dealers after riding a CBF600 for a couple of days. The bike felt so small and everything was so close. Sounds like the stories of it feeling like a 600 are well placed?

·
Registered
16 Posts
stardust tommy said:
2 months... the first in Belgium without ABS will be delivered in august :banghead
where did you got that info ???
Just got back from my dealer ( van rossom, denderwindeke ) and he told me that my bike will be delivered, as planned on 7 juli, also without ABS.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mate here at work went to BMF and sat on 1... :thumbup

He's really sold on getting a Speed Triple, well he was :rollin

Anyway, says bike is tiny to sit on compared to Triple, (and his 600 Bandit) and even though the advertised seat height is higher on the CB than the Triple he can plant his feet flat on CB but can't on Triple?

...and then there's the £700 saving over Triple, and the extortionate Triumph servicing costs...

Poor guy's in a right quandry :shake

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Ratty said:
I don't see why when you put it all like that! We've heard from a few people that the high seat height is complemented by a fairly narrow seat which lets you get your legs more straight down to the road, so it doesn't feel so high. The only worry for me is that it won't be comfortable to do some big miles on. That said, when do I do big miles? :lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
rata said:
stardust tommy said:
2 months... the first in Belgium without ABS will be delivered in august :banghead
where did you got that info ???
Just got back from my dealer ( van rossom, denderwindeke ) and he told me that my bike will be delivered, as planned on 7 juli, also without ABS.
from my dealer ( Felix & Jos ) the first to deliver should be te ones with ABS in july and the non ABS models a month later in August...

I could be wrong

gr T

·
Registered
101 Posts
i saw it in the Vallelunga honda family festival in april....and it was love....

the official informations(from my friend, honda-seller) about the delivering of the bike in italy are for the first days of june.....the 27 and 28 of may was started the production of the bike in the Atessa's factory at the rythm of 300 bike at a day

:thumbup

·
Registered
16 Posts
yes yes yes, my dealer called me 30 minutes ago, 3 bikes will be delivered to the customers on the 8 of july, and mine is one of them. 8 months i waited for it, signed the contract on 17 november, and now just 3 weeks to go.
feeling like a little kid, waiting for santa claus to cum, djeezes. :rollin

·
Registered
353 Posts
Rang my dealer today about what the UK allocation looks like for the first delivery and according to them Honda have not confirmed the allocation for 4th July bikes but have confirmed that all orders to date will be satisfied in that month. Has anyone in the UK been guaranteed a bike on 4th July?

Paul

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
They're expecting delivery on the 27th and they should get advance notice of frame numbers etc so we should know in the next week and a bit at the latest. I've not been confirmed mine, but rather a "definitely likely" job. I'll be well gutted if it doesn't turn up on time!

I do know that Honda will deliver all bikes with names to them before any stock units, and I gather dealers are only expecting one or two demo bikes (one only is most likely). If you're lucky and your dealer has a couple then they may offer one to you as a new bike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Antnee said:
Ratty said:
I don't see why when you put it all like that! We've heard from a few people that the high seat height is complemented by a fairly narrow seat which lets you get your legs more straight down to the road, so it doesn't feel so high. The only worry for me is that it won't be comfortable to do some big miles on. That said, when do I do big miles? :lol
Hi there, guys

Sorry for delay, I missed this thread.
Yes, the saddle is quite high, but its triangular shape actually makes it easy to set feet on the ground. I am 1.75 meters tall and the only "problem" is when pushing it backwards: I have to take many small steps, looking funny.

The small saddle, narrow in the front side, is also very thin, unfortunately. And hard. My bottom aches after 1 hour. But I suppose I can get used to it soon...

Now I'm going to upload a few pictures, I hope to find how to do it

BYE ALL

·
Registered
16 Posts
he's heeere :police dealer called, he's arrived. tomorrow to the insurance than put the number plate on and let's go :rollin

1 - 20 of 22 Posts