Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
how does it compare?
I really loved my 2014. It had a Akrapovič open slip-on with the required Power Commander. Very smooth clutchless upshifts from 2nd thru 6th.
So, the the electronic throttle on the 2019 seems a bit twitchy, even compared with the electronic throttle on my 2017 CBR1000S1. At 75 mph there seems to be a high frequency vibration in the bars that was not in the 2014. I've had a few false neutrals on clutchless upshifts into 6th. Never had that issue on another bike. I watched them uncrate the bike on Saturday. I just assumed that Honda ships the bike with the proper chain slack but it might be slightly too slack. I measured about 55 mm and the chain wear indicator is just outside and before the "new" range, so maybe that's causing the shift issue or maybe I just need to work on electronic throttle technique as my CBR has the OEM quickshifter. On Tuesday I'll be back at the dealership to check slack as the abba superbike stand is on order and the pitbull rear stand for the 2014 will not fit the 2019 hub.
The 2019 is much narrower between my knees and the saddle allows me to slide back further than the 2014. Looking forward to hitting the 300 mile break-in mark so I can try out full throttle.
I also find it strange that rider modes can't be changed on the fly as my 2017 S1 is absolutely designed to do.
Because of the interference from the OEM fender for easy access to the pinch bolts and available products to lift the bike, adjusting chain slack on the 2019 will be a challenge.
Also, I haven't checked the specs but the 2019 does feel lighter and easier to push up the incline into my garage.

·
Registered
126 Posts
...as my CBR has the OEM quickshifter.

I also find it strange that rider modes can't be changed on the fly as my 2017 S1 is absolutely designed to do.
get the oem QS,, best mod i did on my cb.

changing rider modes, do you mean changing the user rider mode?
because jumping from Sport/Standard/Rain/User can be done in one click, then depress the clutch or close the throttle for the change to take effect.

almost all have reported a power dip between 5000-7000 rpm. please report back on how you find the power delivery.

happy revving

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
get the oem QS,, best mod i did on my cb.

changing rider modes, do you mean changing the user rider mode?
because jumping from Sport/Standard/Rain/User can be done in one click, then depress the clutch or close the throttle for the change to take effect.

almost all have reported a power dip between 5000-7000 rpm. please report back on how you find the power delivery.

happy revving
I haven't tried changed the riding mode on the fly. I was relying on the manual:
Selecting the riding mode
1 Stop the motorcycle.
2 Select the riding mode display. (P.23)
3 Press the SEL (up) or SEL (down) button with the throttle fully closed.
I plan on getting the QS because the OEM QS on my 2017 SP is awesome. I have the exhaust flapper disconnected on the 2017. The exhaust sound on upshifts is pretty sweet.
I may also get the Honda heated grips which I might use 2 months out of the year, but have some concerns about taxing the electric system / battery. Using electricity to produce heat requires a lot of wattage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I haven't tried changed the riding mode on the fly. I was relying on the manual:

I plan on getting the QS because the OEM QS on my 2017 SP is awesome. I have the exhaust flapper disconnected on the 2017. The exhaust sound on upshifts is pretty sweet.
I may also get the Honda heated grips which I might use 2 months out of the year, but have some concerns about taxing the electric system / battery. Using electricity to produce heat requires a lot of wattage.
I don't even think you have to engage the clutch. If you look at the display when you swap modes while riding, you will see a set of thin lines inside the main power, eb, and tc, circular display, and they will be flashing. If you move the throttle to idle, they will stop flashing and the new mode will be engaged.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't even think you have to engage the clutch. If you look at the display when you swap modes while riding, you will see a set of thin lines inside the main power, eb, and tc, circular display, and they will be flashing. If you move the throttle to idle, they will stop flashing and the new mode will be engaged.
On my SP I can toggle through the 5 modes using the select switch while riding. As soon as I close the throttle whichever mode is displayed is selected. I'll try it on the 2019.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So riding mode IS selectable on the fly. Even torque control can be turned off or on in the user mode while moving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts