Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Last sunday the Italian TV broadcaster RAI trasmitted a "TG2 motori" edition. This is a short weekly segment of the sunday news at lunch time, dedicated to Auto & Bikes. They transmitted a report about CB1000R.

The segment is also available on line (http://www.tg2.rai.it/rubriche.asp?id_p ... =&d_cerca=) but it also contains much other stuff and speaks Italian.

Can anybody explain me how to capture the clip and export it in an editable format, so that I can cut away all the non-relefant portions and - possibly - add English subtitles?

Bye

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
I use a package called "Orbit / Grab It" which is able to download flash video files to your PC. Usually I just watch them in VLC Player so there's no need to convert it, but there are plenty around that do the job just fine. I've downloaded the file you want and uploaded the .FLV to this site for you to download here (right click, save file etc)

Watched the CB1000R bit (starts around 10:00) and had to chuckle at the way he strokes the number plate hanger. Probably wouldn't be funny if I knew what he was saying :lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

As soon as I have time I'll check your movie.

As regards the numberplate he's justifying its ugliness: due to homologation restriction, he explains, the numberplate must be positioned at a certain height and not ahead of the wheel, that's why there is such a long and thin arm.
What he does not say, but certainly thinks, is "Just wait for an aftermarket illegal kit ..;) "

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Thought it may be something to do with that. It's perfectly legal to change it afterwards, but it can't leave the factory like that. The rear wheel cannot be the object furthest back

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you sure that it is perfectly legal to replace it later?

In Italy ther is no difference between first and after.
If you choose an acceptable arm, probably no policeman notices the irreglarity. But if you fix the numberplate almost in horizontal position, just below the real lamps, probably they get your documets and send you to official inspection, paying the expenses, after re-plug the original parts

As regards the video, My Pinnacle Studio appears not to support .flv format.
Can you convrt it into something easier to be handled by Pinnacle Studio 11? I'm a computer guy, but I normally work in a totally different area. I can certainly find a free converter online, I will if you haven't got anything ready.

Thank you in advance

PS: I always forget to tell you that when I read about your hope to die while sleeping I laughed for a minute ...

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
It's legal here, yes, it's a homologation requirement only. Certain other things, like emissions are less restrictive when you're looking at modified vehicles as opposed to standard, hence why we can replace the exhausts with freer breathing systems legally here, but they can't be fitted as standard. Obviously there are still limits, but it's a lot less restrictive. I think it's something to do with quantity, but I'm not sure. I think if you only make a couple of bikes a year then you can get away with a lot more than you can if you make thousands, or even millions.

Just tried converting the video in Total Video Converter but it crashed. Hasn't been working properly recently, may just need reinstalling as it hasn't converted a single .FLV in months. I'll try later as I have to go to work now and I'll let you know how I get on. Oh, and glad you found the signature amusing. I thought it was funny :lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK about the video

No, here there is no difference between homologation time and later inspections.
Exhaust and tyres are typical examples: you can install an after market exhaust system, but it must have been homolgated for that specific bike.

You can't install tyres if that size is not listed in the "circulation card" of the vehicle. Bikes almost never have alternate sizes. Cars usually have, basically to allow winter tyres and summer (wider) ones.

As I know German regulation is easier, because you can quite easily get special authorizations. In Italy this is theoretically feasible too, but not in the real world (you have to show a project, run safety tests ...)

But with things not so obvious, such as the numberplate position or real performance, the policeman can just take away your documents and force you to go to an official inspection plant. When you show up with a regular vehicle you can get your documents back

See you!

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Yeah, just thought about it being cut down to just the bit you want now maybe you wouldn't be bothered about getting hold of it still. Do you still want it?

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Ah, gotcha :thumbup

Up to you, but there are an increasing number of English reviews now, and there will be more after tomorrow, so it's all good :thumbup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts