Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the KOMPANY"S new flagship and my ride now... its almost finished - runs and sounds wicked! I loved my CB1.... BUT I REALLY LOVE it now it's turbo'd! :devil

Attachments

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
You've got to tell me more about that rear wheel, and the exhaust.

Has it been dyno'd with that turbo?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey... Some of the stuff done is...

Rear mount Turbo kit ( pretty sure its a first on this model), with BXP Billet Plenum & fuel rail, BXP Lockup clutch( fitted in behind the stock cover),240 rear tyre & 18 x 8.5" wheel conversion,5 spoke front wheel conversion, Buzz Saw disks, Custom billet Fuel cap (Kompany logo), custom front indicators (rifle scopes), custom billet mirrors, handlebar mount boost gauge, blow off valve and lots of other custom machined bits & pieces. The list goes on! ha

So far it's only been tuned properly to 6 psi boost but makes a very healthy 180rwhp, we've just fitted Dyna coils ( they run 2 twin coils on this model) due to weak spark issues under boost, once we go back to the dyno we should be able to boost it to around 9-10 psi safely. It's awesome to ride and stock comp means great throttle response & with the turbo mounted back a bit the power delivery is very linear. Tasty :lick

·
Registered
349 Posts
WOW How did you convert the rear?

I've been trying to think how you'd get some other wheels on the bike. Try to convert somehow from a sodding four stud to a single axle like a Ducati...... then you could fit wonderful wheels!

That looks like a car rim which is a bit worrying......... but it certainly suits your monster CB1

·
Registered
454 Posts
Mmmmmm :lick :lick am digging that real wheel, any chance of a shot of the bike from the rear ??? so we can see that mahoosiv rear tyre.
Am also liking that front indicators.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Not a problem bud....

Thought I'd best leave a comment about the bike too! :thumbup

Th turbo looks pretty tidy tucked back there... I might be a little concerned about that filter getting covered it road crud/spray. But I guess this isn't going to be a rainy weather bike now is it? :rollin

180 rwbhp? Thats quite a hike! :clap

Rob

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Liking lots, now changed mind, this black one is definitely fastest. Front mudguard won't give much protection but as mentioned earlier who cares in Aus at this time of the year. :thumbup

·
Registered
53 Posts
180 BHP at the rear wheel, assume standard gearing..... proberbly out accelerate anything, on the back wheel only !
fek, I want one :p :p :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
trebor27 said:
Th turbo looks pretty tidy tucked back there... I might be a little concerned about that filter getting covered it road crud/spray. But I guess this isn't going to be a rainy weather bike now is it?
Hey Rob... Yeah I definitely agree with you on that... its not really a wet weather bike ;)

I'm actually waiting on a K&N pod cover from the U.S that they use on watercraft - lets in air but keeps out the wet! I'll throw up a photo when I get it! Its black... should look trick and do the job!

Steve

·
Registered
668 Posts
trebor27 said:
Not a problem bud....

Thought I'd best leave a comment about the bike too! :thumbup

Th turbo looks pretty tidy tucked back there... I might be a little concerned about that filter getting covered it road crud/spray. But I guess this isn't going to be a rainy weather bike now is it? :rollin

180 rwbhp? Thats quite a hike! :clap

Rob

Its where it should have been. ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha :notme who knows? But where's the fun if the front wheel is on the ground? :evil

Oh and here's a pic of the bike from the back... just after its rear wheel conversion! It was still obviously in surgery at the time! The nurses were very caring and attentive ha!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 101 Posts