Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just joined the forum and thought I'd introduce myself:

I'm 41 years old and for the past four years or so have been suffering from motorcycle ADD. After owning a BMW K1200RS for about four years (including two three-week tours in the Swiss Alps) I decided I needed something more sporty and so bought an Aprilia RSV1000R Factory. A lovely bike to be sure but too track-focused for commuting to work every day! After a year I sold that and bought a BMW K1200S. However, one year later I was looking for something more nimble for the tight and twisty roads (plus I was fed up with the poor low rev fueling). I ended up with another BMW - the R1200R. However, now (one year later again) I am missing the power of the K12S and wanting to leave the world of shaft-drives and pipes and slippers. I testrode the Speed Triple (I am originally British but moved to Sweden 13 years ago so the Triumph had a special appeal) but unfortunately too many parts of me went numb on my extented test ride.

So, now I am looking forwards to test riding the CB1000R on Wednesday of next week (I hope I remember my camera) along with a couple of other canditates (FZ1-N & Shiver 750).

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
:welcome Hass

An Englishman in Sweden..... did work/family take you out there (no inclination to come back then?).

We will all be looking forward to hearing your opinions on the CB1000R (I have a FZ1-N 07 so will also be interested to find how you thought they compared).

Please take lots of pictures and whether you buy a CB1000R or not you will still be more than welcome here. :thumbup

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Hi Hass and welcome to you from another expat. :beer

I ride a Hornet 900 but will still be regularly annoying people on here! :thumbup

Steve

PS. Hass? Interested in clarifying? :)

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Hi Hass, :welcome

You say you'll be test riding one next week? Are they available in Sweden already or are you travelling to test one?

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. To answer your questions:

I moved out here to live with a Swedish girl (who is now my wife) after meeting her at a nightclub in Liverpool. No, I have no desire to move back to the UK; Sweden is a great country with many unique benefits (just the fact that we have a legal right to four weeks continuous holiday every summer is almost reason alone to stay). Plus I live in Stockholm, just about the most beautiful capital city in Europe:

My name is actually a nickname (don't ask me where it came from coz I don't really know anymore) I got shortly after leaving school. As everyone called me "Hass" I decided after a number of years to change my name to it legally.

The local dealer wont get their own demo bike until week 28 but on Wednesday they have borrowed Honda-Swedens demo bike for the day. As I am currently on my summer holidays I can test ride the bike whatever time I get alotted.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
That looks awesome!

hass said:
My name is actually a nickname (don't ask me where it came from coz I don't really know anymore) I got shortly after leaving school. As everyone called me "Hass" I decided after a number of years to change my name to it legally.
It definitely had the H on the front did it? :rollin

Hope you enjoy the test ride anyway, do let us know whatcha think :thumbup

·
Registered
72 Posts
:welcome Hi Hass to you from an italian man,i am Carlo from Agropoli (Sa).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts