Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Been a member on here for a while, but not visited for ages as couldn't wait until launch date, so I sold my Tiger 1050 and bought a GSXR1000.

That was a mistake as the Gixxer is so bloody uncomfortable, but I missed the punch that sports bikes deliver.

Anyway, you are probably way ahead of me by now - yes I test rode the new CB1000R yesterday - WOW!

Sports bike handling and power in a comfortable package at last!

Dealer offered me a straight swap for my 4 month old Gixxer - severely tempted. Going for another test ride at the weekend first though.

Torn between a Black or White one, and not sure about ABS.

This is a good forum - very similar to the Tiger1050.com site - still visit old friends there - take a look!

I will keep you posted of developments after the test ride!
Cheers
RBD914

·
Administrator
7,118 Posts
x2 on Black-this will prove to be the fastest colour ! ;) :D

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Dave H said:
x2 on Black-this will prove to be the fastest colour ! ;) :D
Mmmm...

Green Goblin
White Lightening
Silver Bullet

Black..... er.... Jack Black!

I think the white and silver will be fastest!

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
hass said:
Mmmm...

Green Goblin
White Lightening
Silver Bullet

Black..... er.... Jack Black!
Ha ha. You don't know of a fast black because it's so fast you don't see it :lol

·
Administrator
7,118 Posts
Couldn't have put it better myself. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi.
Where about are you? (Im 15miles from John O Groats). I changed to the Cb after 6 years of sports bikes. Delighted is an understatement. I sold my R6 about 6 weeks ago, so i had a month with no bike. If my CB never turned up in time i was going to see about a fireblade. After 200miles on my mates ninja the day before i got my CB im glad i never changed my order!Back and arse were killing me!
And to think i laughed at my other mate for selling his blade for a Z1000 2 years ago........

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I'm back on board guys - didn't buy one last time around, but just put a deposit down on an HRC replica CB1000R painted by Dream Machine, looks fantastic! Pick it up next Friday, any recommendations on essential mods?
RBD914

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
RBD914, where do you hail from mate?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi satchelman, I am in Moffat, near Dumfries - is that your bike for sale on e-bay?
RBD914

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
RBD914 said:
Hi satchelman, I am in Moffat, near Dumfries - is that your bike for sale on e-bay?
RBD914
It was, sold it to a bloke from London today.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts