Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Sadbiker invited me over, so I just joined.
Hi Dan, was wondering what happened to you, how're you doing? Looks like a nice board here .

I live in Amsterdam and commute a lot to Kent\Essex\Norfolk region.
Some will know me as I was mod for a while for the 900 board on the Hornets Nest. Can't log on there anymore though so don't think I'm too welcome. Seems like the Hornets Nest went through a very messy period a couple of years back.

I have a Ducati S2R1000 at the moment, which is a fabulous bike to ride, but the running costs are beginning to get me down. :stop

In a dealer nearby, they have the new Honda in white, but it's posing on a rotating rostrum so couldn't sit on it.
I really do like it though. Am a bit worried about seat height, even with a lowered seat the old 900 was still a bit too tall (wide) for me and I found it a bit top heavy.
This is the first (affordable) new bike I've seen in a couple of years that's got me interested so will be going for a test ride soon hopefully.

Mr F., what are you riding these days? Still got the Silver Hornet 900?

Stu

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Hi Redkite, :welcome

I don't think you're not welcome on the Nest (I don't know mind you) but when they moved from EZ Board to PHPBB2 they had a list of usernames but couldn't get email addresses and passwords, so they asked that everyone PM their email addresses to the admins so that they could set your account up on the new board. You then told the site that you had forgotten your password so it was reset and the activation email was sent to you. I was only on the Nest from around this time a couple of years ago but I'm definitely not welcome any more.

Anywho, glad to have you with us. I hope we can convert you to the CB1000R cause :thumbup

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Stu... wotcha mate... yes it has been a long time... gotta be three years I guess.....

I was made redundant back in 2005 and wasn't using the bike so much... so sort of lost interest and drifted away from the Nest, I also gave up the Admin position. Then I got a job in Crawley and need a faired bike to commute 90 miles a day... so I got this....

(2004 VFR ABS)

Nice functional bike but a bit bland and also heavy. With the commute and a lardy bike I really lost interest in biking and had even less of a reason to frequent the Nest although I did pop in from time to time. I was going to relocate to Sussex but that fell through so I gave up the Crawley job (I hated the commute) and started work near to were I still live. I didn't need a commuter any more so I got a good trade in on it and bought this...

(2007 Yamaha FZ1)

It's an awesome bike a true hooligan!

At arounfd the same time, things got very messy on the Nest and myself and about another 5 members were banned. We took up residence on http://www.thevest.co.uk and then later on http://www.bikehackers.com - 2007 was a great year for us, we had some brilliant rideouts including a day to Ypres in Belgium (shame you never knew about it as we might have been able to meet enroute)... by the way Fordzoid (Steve) isn't a million miles away from you. Bikehackers has to be honest fizzled out now... but when we heard about the CB1000R we decided to create a bike dedicated site with myself and Antnee (another ex-Nest banned bad boy) as Admins..... and thats where we are at now :)

I love the looks of the CB1000R and if it goes as well as my old 900 did (still the bike I consider to be my best all-rounder) then I will be very tempted to buy one in a year or so's time.

It's really good to see you here... you are very :welcome

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Hi Redkite and welcome to the site. :welcome

I remember you from the Nest. Mainly in the 900 forum I believe? Nice to have you along :beer

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for the welcome !

Nice bike Dan all it needs is white wheels and a white stripe ;)

Here's my baby: http://www.xs4all.nl/~redkite2/DSCN0811S2R.jpg :love

@ Antnee: Ok , didn't realise that the Nest had done that. I remember posting that I didn't want to be 900 admin anymore so my rights were quickly
removed as was my post and I didn't get any good reason for them deleting my post so that was the last straw for me.
I don't look there that often coz I'm not interested in Hornets anymore.
Like Sadbiker I'm hooked up to the Ducati boards and the Zumo board mostly these days and have just got back into old schoolfriends through Fr. Reunited.

The weight and top heaviness of the 1000r is going to impact on whether I go down the Honda road again. It certainly won't be before next summer, having bought 3 brandnew bikes in 3 years :rolleyes

Still haven't seen a test ride over here but I suppose it's early days yet.

Also there's a bit of competition - I like lightweight 1000 cc nakeds so might step up a notch or two to a S4r. But I also love Bimota's, Benelli's en Aprilia's......quite like the MM Corsaro too, but that's a bit of a no-no because of fuel consumption.

Had another look at the CB1000r at the weekend, a white one. Wonder why Honda only seem to have those dull grey\black wheels these days. It would look fantastic with white, or gold or red or orange wheels. Needs a nice chainguard and hugger too, but apart from that a lovely bike. Love that dash..

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
On the subject of wheels, I wondered why they're all black again. Older Hondas were, then they started using a light grey colour on a few bikes (including my 06 600 Hornet) which I thought was a lot better, then they went back to black last year. Personally I'm undecided about coloured wheels though

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
I like the wheels Stu!.... would look good on a White CB1000R... as for the more general issue of coloured wheels I think it very much depends on the bodywork.... bright paintwork, bright wheels etc - on the other CB1000R colours I think black wheels are the way to go.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
I think white wheels would be very late-80s, you know, RC30 like. Looks good on those bikes, not so sure about modern bikes. A friend has white wheels on his red 600 Hornet which I think looks OK, but I wouldn't do it myself

1 - 12 of 12 Posts